Hawkesbury Houseboat

GOOB

G'Day Raiders,

Spent the weekend on a houseboat with 8 mates. Its an annual trip that we have been taking for the last 15 or so years.

We got on the boat at Brooklyn at around 5:00pm after someone nameless forgot half the supplies and had to drive half the way back to Sydney to get them. Lucky for us some of the girls were home rather than the nail salon :thumbup:

Friday night saw a few good bream and some average flathead come aboard and magically land on the BBQ.

I new there were better things to come, or should that be bigger things.

Saturday started off fairly quiet, lots of Port Jacksons and the dreaded Catfish. Poor Pete will be a lot more wary after being spined in the shin. Not much you can do if you get spiked other than the old hot water. Not much fun watching a mate suffer for a couple or so hours.

Anyhow, enough of the sad, lets get to the good. I started flicking around a 120mm Slick Rig while soaking some baits on another rod for Bream. I was about 20 minutes into it when the plastic got munched. The pic with me in the black jumper with the Guru shows what took it. A couple of snaps and and a measure, 89 cm, and in she went to breed some bigger ones.

Sunday morning was wet and cold but I just had to have another crack. The pick with me in the T shirt shows Flattie number 2, 86cm, before she was released.

I also hooked what I thought was a good fish on a live yakka only to be let down 15 minutes later with the biggest meanest Pike Eel I have ever seen. :ranting2:

Both Flatties were caught around the entry to Americas Bay in about 12 metres.

GOOB

post-5852-1204547056_thumb.jpg

G'Day Raiders,

Spent the weekend on a houseboat with 8 mates. Its an annual trip that we have been taking for the last 15 or so years.

We got on the boat at Brooklyn at around 5:00pm after someone nameless forgot half the supplies and had to drive half the way back to Sydney to get them. Lucky for us some of the girls were home rather than the nail salon :thumbup:

Friday night saw a few good bream and some average flathead come aboard and magically land on the BBQ.

I new there were better things to come, or should that be bigger things.

Saturday started off fairly quiet, lots of Port Jacksons and the dreaded Catfish. Poor Pete will be a lot more wary after being spined in the shin. Not much you can do if you get spiked other than the old hot water. Not much fun watching a mate suffer for a couple or so hours.

Anyhow, enough of the sad, lets get to the good. I started flicking around a 120mm Slick Rig while soaking some baits on another rod for Bream. I was about 20 minutes into it when the plastic got munched. The pic with me in the black jumper with the Guru shows what took it. A couple of snaps and and a measure, 89 cm, and in she went to breed some bigger ones.

Sunday morning was wet and cold but I just had to have another crack. The pick with me in the T shirt shows Flattie number 2, 86cm, before she was released.

I also hooked what I thought was a good fish on a live yakka only to be let down 15 minutes later with the biggest meanest Pike Eel I have ever seen. :ranting2:

Both Flatties were caught around the entry to Americas Bay in about 12 metres.

GOOB

She is a beauty. Great way to spend a holiday.

Mate that is awesome :1yikes:

Doesnt that give you a rush of adrenalin when you see that monster come up.

Only big jews and flatties does it for me.

Very well done and doesnt it feel just as good to see her swim free.

It is interesting how different the big crocs all look. When they get big they are very unique and individual.

Cheers. PS with good karma from that trip next time you'll get a mother sized mulloway.

Goob

Well Done mate..... thats three great flatties for the brothers... in three months... just ten cm short of John's and I bet he let you know about it.....

Well

Done.

Trust me, he still hasn't let Red and me forget. I was just lucky he wasn't on board this year. I may have thrown him in as well. :biggrin2:

What a fish and a very nice pic there too. Definately put that in FOTM competittion. Any Jewies on the scene?

Plankton,

Only Jewie we saw was about 40cm and was returned to fatten up for next time. :thumbdown:

Raiders,

Here's the other one. I forgot to attach the pic.

GOOB

post-5852-1204607020_thumb.jpg

Edited by GOOB