I'm An Idiot. Very Embarrasing Confession

Mik

Ok, I'm the biggest idiot you have met, I have no idea what I'm doing & should be retired to an elderly home right now! :1badmood:

Guess who left a crab pot in on the Kingy social weekend & promptly left Sydney without it!

Here's a little treasure hunt for anyone interested. :1prop:

I left the pot in amoungst the moorings at the rose bay boat ramp. It has a 6-8" white styrofoam ball attached to about 7 metres of rope. Its a large rectangle pot. I didn't put a name tag on it coz we were moored right next to it overnight on Saturday. Thinking I'd pull it up Sunday morning before the Kingy social & maybe score a crab or two. Promptly forgot about it & remembered just now when putting some gear away. Oh bugger!

I don't care about the pot, finders keepers. I hate the thought that I've contributed to the rubbish on our harbor floor & also thinking some poor bastard crab may just be dead in there & his mates are following him. Oh crap the thought makes me sick. :puke:

Anyway, here are the GPS co-ords. Anyone who finds it can have it, just let me sleep.

Cheers, your faithful idiot - Boofhead (No more questions about my nickname ok!)

S 33.52.270

E 151.15.551

Edited by Boofhead

Looking off the end of the boat ramp, is it left of the ramp in that set of boats?

If so, it was still there on Sunday ;)

We got a few squid and even had a king come up chasing the squid jigs right near it.

Looking off the end of the boat ramp, is it left of the ramp in that set of boats?

If so, it was still there on Sunday ;)

We got a few squid and even had a king come up chasing the squid jigs right near it.

Sounds like a sweet FAD or is that SQAD?

Whoever goes down and collects Mik's crab pot...how about you take a picture of

what's inside...Just for Mik's sake :1crybaby:

Cheers,

Pete.

Nice idea Pete. I'm sure a Raider would be happy to rub it in :biggrin2:

this is so interesting. someone bring it up quick! i really wanna know whats inside. Cause im thinking,

bait attracts > crab> more crab> dead crabs> little fish, dead little fish > more larger fish feeding off little fish. LOL and then it'll turn into one big FAD. With kingies around it.

:074::074:

Outstanding narrative from mr Kay Nine! Perfect outcome for all concerned. Robbie gets a new pot, and Boof's conscience is clear. Furthermore, probably wouldn't waste your time crabbing THERE again, Boof! :1prop:

Hodgey

Edited by Hodgey

:074::074:

Outstanding narrative from mr Kay Nine! Perfect outcome for all concerned. Robbie gets a new pot, and Boof's conscience is clear. Furthermore, probably wouldn't waste your time crabbing THERE again, Boof! :1prop:

Hodgey

If he forgot to pick the pot up, maybe he forgot to put bait in it to! :wacko:

Hey Robbie,

That's a beautiful looking dog there. Dead ringer for my old mate Bundy. Black lab X Blue heeler. Damn thing lived for 16years and went every where with me. Surf, fish, boat the whole time. I bet when you're out there on the water he really does talk back :1prop:

BP.

Dont thank him yet Mik he hasnt returned it. :1prop:

Dave

Hehehe

Actually Robbie sent me the second last pic from his mobile today & offered to return it to me on my next visit to Sydney, but seriously, I am more than happy for him to keep it if he wants it. I'm just glad its not rotting on the sea floor.

Incidently, I threw it in there because last easter my brother in law caught a lovely blue swimmer there on a fishing line. The stupid thing came up (Not even hooked) hanging onto the line for grim death. He only had one claw so we figured he was a chronic line grabber....so he died for his sins.....bloody lovely he was! :1prop:

Edited by Boofhead