Tunks Park Boat-ramp

Bill S

Hi Guys

Wondering what the ramp is like at Tunks Park, Northbridge.

I''m looking for a single man launching point into the Middle Harbour area. The map shows the ramp in a well protected spot, at the end of a bay. I checked the S/fish site but the piccy doesn''t display.

Condition?

Cement?

Pay to park?

Theft problems?

Locked gates?

Bill

Edited by Bill S

Guest bluecod

Easy two-lane which has been upgraded a year or two ago when the Water board storage tunnel went in with the addition of the pontoon.

No fees ...... yet!

The run out from the ramp is a favourite spot for the Waterways boys to lie in wait so keep your speed to the posted limits.

Bill,

tunks park must be one of the best ramps around. It is actually a 3 lane ramp. Initially was a 2 but has been upgraded to a 3 lane. Just be carefull with the 3rd lane as they haven''t poured concrete all the way back as it should have so there is a ditch. Try and use the 1st (next to pontoon) and the middle

There are no parking gates/fees and ample parking in winter but in Summer it can be a pain as you may need to park on the main streets. there is also a fish cleaning facility.

Adam

Bill - Roseville is also good for the Harbour but you pay $6. I am not sure if its easier from your place though. I would think you would go in near Gladesville & just blast down the Harbour ??

:D:D You have the choice of driving in traffic over the harbour or sitting in your boat blasting down the harbour - easy one Bill :D :-rod

Hi Peter

Gladesville is my ramp of choice for access to the Parra. Just looking at a jump off point for the North Head area. The salmon are calling me  :naughty: .

Bill

Bill,

why don''t you use Rosebay ramp instead. It''s a quick sprint to the heads

Adam

Hi Adam

Most of the time I single man launch and prefer calmer waters to do it in.

I need two bays to myself. One to land the boat , the other to sink the trailer and then hop in the boat and drive on. Guaranteed as soon as I land the boat , someone will back down the other ramp and screw up the game plan :wallbash:

Bill