Narra Lake Jewies And Flatties

josh_fisho

hey guys,

im plannig to fish the lake sunday night and maybe saturday night too.

i want to get ahold of some flatties and possibly jewies as well.

as i havnt fished narra lake too may times chasing bigger fish, i thought i'd just check up on if what i plan to do will give me a chance.

the plan is to catch some poddies, and also possibly some herring and tailor (fillets for tailor) in the avo and head down to the main gutter opposite the caravan park. i plan to fish the last hour of the run up, the high, and the first hour of the run down. for the livies i will chuck them out unweighed with a meter long trace of 50lb with a 1/0 or 2/0 scuicide hook. and if i get onto some decent tailor fillets, hood the up on a two hook rig with a small ball sinker.

can anyone recommend some other good spots for this type of fishing, and rigs, bait, etc, keeeping in mind that i will be land based?

thanks guys,

josh

Hi there,

Id say with that plan, you should probably try the north narra beach. The problem is that there just isnt that many big fish in the lake - certainly not jewies. No doubt there are some big flatties in there, but i recon you could spend your time better elsewhere. Also the gutter beside the caravan isnt really much of a gutter - there is a drop off from the flats, but its probably not what you are thinking. The other thing is that the tides are not very defined in the lake - there is not a great deal of difference between high and low tide. I have found that timing is the most important thing thus, ie early morning and afternoon.

So, do the live bait thing, and try north narra beach, or pittwater road bridge on the western upstream side.

Let us know how you go! :-)

Hi there,

Id say with that plan, you should probably try the north narra beach. The problem is that there just isnt that many big fish in the lake - certainly not jewies. No doubt there are some big flatties in there, but i recon you could spend your time better elsewhere. Also the gutter beside the caravan isnt really much of a gutter - there is a drop off from the flats, but its probably not what you are thinking. The other thing is that the tides are not very defined in the lake - there is not a great deal of difference between high and low tide. I have found that timing is the most important thing thus, ie early morning and afternoon.

So, do the live bait thing, and try north narra beach, or pittwater road bridge on the western upstream side.

Let us know how you go! :-)

thanks paint stripper!

yes, i would try the beach but im going with a few mates who dont have beach rods and will probably find the beach difficult. but thanks for the tips. ok well i might try the bridge, cheers, and ill let u know how i went! cheers,

josh

hi josh

get your podies in the shallows in a bait trap

plenty of herring where we fish for blackies on the riseing tide [use a bait jig or a blackie hook with small piece of bread ,berley them up also with bread

i would fish the hole in front of caravan park top of tide casting into the middle with live poddie or herring space your rods 10 mts apart sit back and wait school jew and flatties may be feeding on the baitfish balled up in the hole [12ft deep in center] especially at night

if that fails use some chicken breast forbream

good luck

peter :1fishing1:

nic e fish in your gallery :thumbup:

for jewies fish the entrance on a high tide, or you could try off the beach at the entrance of the lake. just find a nice deep gutter and fish either entrys of it. a live poddy should definitley get u into a jew if they are around.

hi josh

get your podies in the shallows in a bait trap

plenty of herring where we fish for blackies on the riseing tide [use a bait jig or a blackie hook with small piece of bread ,berley them up also with bread

i would fish the hole in front of caravan park top of tide casting into the middle with live poddie or herring space your rods 10 mts apart sit back and wait school jew and flatties may be feeding on the baitfish balled up in the hole [12ft deep in center] especially at night

if that fails use some chicken breast forbream

good luck

peter :1fishing1:

nic e fish in your gallery :thumbup:

cheers pete!

thanks for the tips!

ill put that into practice and hopefully have some luck!

ill let you know hop i went!

i had a look in your gallery and your fish are insane!! :thumbup: HOPEFULLY I CAN FISH OF THAT SIZE SOME DAY!

cheers, josh