Mystery Fish

dpac

G'day guys, went for a fish today.

After fishing the harbour, we were coming back down the river and decided to throw a butterflied yakka out under the gladesville bridge.

Anyway, within second this fish smashed the yakka and was pulling very hard, we didn't know what it was...it was a great fighting fish

I don't think it is a specie of shark, but not sure

Any thoughts?

post-6453-1205547438_thumb.jpg

a little bit, it had a few runs down to the bottom..... I just wanted it to be a jewy.... :05:

Putting my head on the chopping block here but...cobes are much better sport and much better on the tooth as well.

Welcome to the "I caught a Cobia in the harbour" club. Sir may choose from anything in the humidor or cellars. Your chesterfield lounge awaits.

Looks like a small cobia to me as well.

Under the Gladesville Bridge! :1yikes:

I have a feeling that now the pros are gone alot more uncommon captures will be seen.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hey Grant I think we have borrowed some of your currents down here for the time being by the looks of it :thumbup:

Regards

Byron

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Did it have teeth?

Narrow head or a fat head?

A mackeral of sort if there is teeth?

Hard to see the head shape from the pic.

I have been seeing some good bait balls getting smashed early in the mornings in that area but always put it down to choppers.

Might have to pull out a metal or two for my morning ciggy spin sessions now!

Greg

Yeah a cobia for sure... just researched it.....thanks for that

It was fat and big, easy 90cm+ and 4-5kg .....

wish i took more pictures..... it looks very skinny in the pic, but it was quite fat

We were very close to cutting the line, because we thought it was a shark.

Edited by dpac

I caught a mystery one as well - at least for a few seconds.

Was in Crowdy Head Harbour last week when I hooked a silver CD-like (sized and shaped) creature with light-blue-white tentacle-like 30cm long fronds extending from the dorsal and opposite fin. It bit on a piece of mullet suspended in about 1.5m depth. I saw it following a retreived bait earlier and thought it to be sort of a octopus until I hooked it later near by. After a few seconds it fell off the hook and disappeared. No photo taken.

It´s silvery shine was incredibly, just like s spinning CD.

Any ideas?

I caught a mystery one as well - at least for a few seconds.

Was in Crowdy Head Harbour last week when I hooked a silver CD-like (sized and shaped) creature with light-blue-white tentacle-like 30cm long fronds extending from the dorsal and opposite fin. It bit on a piece of mullet suspended in about 1.5m depth. I saw it following a retreived bait earlier and thought it to be sort of a octopus until I hooked it later near by. After a few seconds it fell off the hook and disappeared. No photo taken.

It´s silvery shine was incredibly, just like s spinning CD.

Any ideas?

One was caught in Narrabeen Lake last year, it was as you describe, we thought it was a Diamond Trevally but Otto i remember named it something else and i cant remember at this time? I know Fletcher knows if he reads this?

Kamil