Bait Tanks?

Methodman

I bought a 60ltr round container from Petbarn a few years ago for a bait tank.

Now they dont sell them anymore.

Does any one know where to find them?

60ltr round with screw on lid.

Thanks

Nath

Hey nath...

There is a plastics mob in wetherill park that carries them in various sizes colours etc

some one on here will be able to back that up with a name and address as the name escapes me

although it has been mentioned on here a few times in the last couple of months.....

Cheers Warnie....

WARNIE ... how ya going mate?

Yeah good call. Am sort of in need of one now hahaha

Goin away this weekend.

Thanks mate.

So if anyone knows anywhere in the Penrith area that would be great.

Nath

Look up used barrels/containers in internet or yellow pages. I can't remember the place I got mine, but they were cheap as (about ten bucks) and the guy delivered to me. I did buy heaps at once though. I think the guy was out Parramatta way somewhere (but i'm from the northern beaches and every where west of Forrestville is "Out Parramatta way somewhere :1prop: ).

Good luck!

Hey Meth,

Mate im also on the lookout for a similar thing for a Live Bait tank, had a look in Bunnings today actually, no luck though, they pretty much just sell square storage tubs, not real good for live slimeys and such.

One of the boys from work mentioned seeing some in BigW, so i may go for a hunt around there tomorrow, allthough he is known to talk a bit of jibberish. I will keep you posted.

Do you think maybe somewhere like Clark Rubber or a Pool shop may have them?

just a suggestion..

cheers,

Chewsta...

Hey Meth,

Had some luck this morning, found a place in Penrith that deals in Live stock Produce,

horse feed, bird seed etc, they have some of those round bins with screw on lids, they used to hold Chlorine tablets originally the guy said.

They have 40-50litre ones for $9

and 200 litre ones for $25 (thats a huge bait tank!!)

For those interested the number is 4736 5375 and they are on the Northern Road Penrith area.

Anyway hope that helps.

Cheers

Chewsta

Just wondering if anyone knows someone handy who can set up a new tank with the necessary fittings, and do the install, as I need to have a larger live bait tank fitted and connected up to and alongside the smaller one on the boat.

The new tank can be about 500 long, 400 deep but I wanted a narrow rectangular shape to save room in the work area back from the stern.

Methodman I guess I have an inquiry similiar to yours - does anyone knows where I can get one around the size mentioned above ?

Does anyone know where that plastics factory is at Wetherill Park that Warnie mentioned ?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I bought a 60ltr round container from Petbarn a few years ago for a bait tank.

Now they dont sell them anymore.

Does any one know where to find them?

60ltr round with screw on lid.

Thanks

Nath

Hey mate I put together a bait tank last year with the 60L barrel (screw on lid )

You can pick them up at REFLEX in smithfield for around $60

Check out the WORKSHOP Topic in this forum and look for LIVE BAIT TANK to show you how mine went together... or try this link http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=26462

regards Chris

Edited by Mugen

I purshased a 60ltr through ebay brand new for $15 from a lady at Blacktown.

She has plenty of them as her husband brings them home from work.

I will look for the phone number and post it up , or pm it (iff i find it)

Cheers

Guy

• 3 weeks later...