Daiwa Team Battlers

David C

Hi David,

I haven't used a battler yet but hope to remedy that when the next Daiwa shipment arrives from Japan. I'm told the shipment will arrive early Feb' and will include many rods from the Battler range including the python and the Kingbolt.

The Australian Bass Angler, who is a Fishraider sponsor, will have them for sale when they arrive and I'm sure Mick r, who is a member here, will do his best to give you a good deal.

Pukka

G'day David

I have 2 and they r sensational rods, the best of any rod that I have owned which is about every quality brand u can mention. One model is the python, I'll have to check what the other one is. Purchase was from ABA and price was $275 but they do not have anymore and when Daiwa bring the new ones out in Feb I am sure Daiwa will hike the price to the $400-500 range due to the demand of these rods.

THERE IS GOING TO BE 6 RODS IN THE RANGE 3X SPIN, 3XBAITCAST

ONE OF THE SPIN RODS WILL BE A SMALL 6FT MODEL WHICH WOULD SUIT SPINNING FOR TROUT..

I DONT HAVE A LOT OF OTHER INFO ON THEM BUT WE HAVE THE FULL RANGE ON ORDER...

CHEERS MICK :1fishing1:

There's quoite a few Battlers coming in very soon. I spoke to Daiwa last week and was told they'd be in the stock in 2 weeks. I have a few different model on order (can't remember which), but they should all be around the low $300 range.

Joe, they stuffed up the order for the Devel 03  :ranting2: , they'll be in soon. :biggrin2:

27366[/snapback]

Hi Andrew,

Yep I'm not happy..

I was told by Daiwa last week they can't bring in a single rod, they have to import each model in cartons of 20, so the only way I can get hold of this rod is to get 20 prospective buyers together, or order it from Japan, which is much more expensive and something I wanted to avoid.

Bit of a shame they didn't tell me, or the shop this, when I ordered it.. I wouldn't have wasted 3 months waiting!

Joe :ranting2:

THERE IS GOING TO BE 6 RODS IN THE RANGE 3X SPIN,  3XBAITCAST

ONE OF THE SPIN RODS WILL BE A SMALL  6FT MODEL WHICH WOULD SUIT SPINNING FOR TROUT..

I DONT HAVE A LOT OF OTHER INFO ON THEM BUT WE HAVE THE FULL RANGE ON ORDER...

CHEERS MICK :1fishing1:

27384[/snapback]

Mick, do you have the model number for the light 6ft stick.

G'day Mick

Mick R spoke to the boss of daiwa today regarding some new sponsorship reels and is looking to match them up with battlers for himself, I will also be chasing a few models so u can be sure he is on the job chasing them up. As with most responses from Daiwa about the import gear they r usually speculation, the type, price and date of arrival are not definate as yet and usually aren't until the items turn up on our shores. So far the spin rods "may" be Kingbolt, Python and sparrow or Tauras. No idea on the baitcasters. Doubt the 03 will ever make it at almost double the cost price. The price won't be set until the items are brought over and the cost price finalised. The reason I am guessing at $400-500 is because the latest import Daiwa rod, the pixie limited edition baitcaster (which the reps didn't even know about until they arrived here) cost me that much and yet the Yen price tag on the box is less than the Yen price tag on the python battler box. I know it is not mark up from ABA, I know someone who works there :1prop::1prop::1prop: The pythons were brought over and were probably so cheap because they were excess Jap stock a couple years back, but with the new popularity and demand for battlers and the case of not just bringing over excess stock I doubt they will be the unbelievable price they once were. I would think if they are in the low $300 then they will have the australian chrome plated alconites as with the recent batch of seagakes, midge direction etcs that are around that price

Edited by Rick T

G'day Mick

Mick R spoke to the boss of daiwa today regarding some new sponsorship reels and is looking to match them up with battlers for himself, I will also be chasing a few models so u can be sure he is on the job chasing them up.  As with most responses from Daiwa about the import gear they r usually speculation, the type, price and date of arrival are not definate as yet and usually aren't until the items turn up on our shores.  So far the spin rods "may" be Kingbolt, Python and sparrow or Tauras.  No idea on the baitcasters.  Doubt the 03 will ever make it at almost double the cost price.  The price won't be set until the items are brought over and the cost price finalised.  The reason I am guessing at $400-500 is because the latest import Daiwa rod, the pixie limited edition baitcaster (which the reps didn't even know about until they arrived here) cost me that much and yet the Yen price tag on the box is less than the Yen price tag on the python battler box.  I know it is not mark up from ABA, I know someone who works there :1prop:  :1prop:  :1prop: The pythons were brought over and were probably so cheap because they were excess Jap stock a couple years back, but with the new popularity and demand for battlers and the case of not just bringing over excess stock I doubt they will be the unbelievable price they once were.  I would think if they are in the low $300 then they will have the australian chrome plated alconites as with the recent batch of seagakes, midge direction etcs that are around that price

27457[/snapback]

Thanks for the info' Rick.

The YEN price on the DEVEL 03 is the same as the Saegake, and as you know, that sells for a very reasonable price here, considering the quality of the rod and components.

Unless the latest batch of Saegake's were excess stock, which is a possiblity as you suggested, I wouldn't have thought the pricing would be an issue.

Fingers crossed, there's still a chance a DEVEL or two is in the shipment.

Joe

Joe I thought the 03 was 52000 yen mark. most of the other battlers are around 35000? not sure though, they r not on the platco catelogue and that is the only place I check them out. Hopefully they r better priced then I thought. Really who knows what will come, I contacted Jap about Kingbolts and they were out of stock even from Japan. All the recent saegake's etc have had chrome plated alconites put on by aussie Daiwa which is why I presume they are well priced. The older ones with TiSic guides were a little more pricey if my memory serves me right (not that often). I don't like the z's that much so I don't pay as much attention when the goss is passed on.

Hi guys spoke to daiwa today as i mentioned earlier they have six models coming in

spin=tarus 6' light 4-8 lb

Sparrow=6'6'' extra light fast action 4-8 lb

Kingbolt = 6'8'' med light fast taper 4-10 lb

Bait cast

Rapier=6'3'' med heavy fast action 12-20 lb

flanker= 7'0 med heavy fast taper 8-14lb

king h?????(cant remember) 6'6'' med regular taper 8-20 lb

and the price will be in the four hundred$

Low 300's is so close to cost that it's not funny

where ever swoffa got that for rec retail was way off if a tackle shop sells them for that they will close the doors really soon (broke)

Cheers Mick :1fishing1:

[i think ottos is a bit over priced i went there before xmas to get some nitlon and had a sticky beak around and some of there heartland-z rods were a bit priceythe 601mlsx -sti was $499 and have seen it over this way for way less then that

• 5 weeks later...
There in a post further up the list...

spin=tarus 6' light 4-8 lb

Sparrow=6'6'' extra light fast action 4-8 lb

Kingbolt = 6'8'' med light fast taper 4-10 lb

Bait cast

Rapier=6'3'' med heavy fast action 12-20 lb

flanker= 7'0 med heavy fast taper 8-14lb

king h?????(cant remember) 6'6'' med regular taper 8-20 lb

32282[/snapback]

Thx Chris, I missed the earlier post.

Pukk'