Berowra Breaming - 22/03/08

Guest Big-Banana

Guest Big-Banana

Hey all,

A good mate of mine has been busting my balls for around 12 months to take him for fish, he loves Berowra and knowing I could get him onto some fish (he wouldn't let me forget it if I didn't!) I accepted, and picked him up at around 1:00pm. Got to Berowra ramp shortly after and did the solo launch thing with the 15ft tinny.

Fished the low to high tide as usual, but was worried about the amount of fresh in the river as well as the current moon phase. Before we started we decided that all fish would be released (admittingly I'm not whole big on the whole catch and release thing, but bloody hell it felt good )

I thought it'd be tough work to nail a few and when we looked at our spot there was a tonne of crap in the water, fortunately for us it was the complete opposite.

Crabs were plentiful and sourced around 75 without too much of a problem, and dropped the electric and started to troll up and down the rocky foreshore, casting at the likely snags. My mate had a bit of trouble getting the accuracy right at the start, but quickly got the hang of it and soon he was nailing a few and having an absolute ball. Don't you love when a plan actually works for once :thumbup:

I've had plenty of good fishing before, but nothing like this. For the next 2.5 hours we had fish after fish come about the boat, and very rarely were they undersize. Most were around 27-32cm and some were up around 35cm. The highlight of the day was this thumper around 38cm We probably scored around 30-35 Bream and all were released (once again a bloody good feeling).

Great day with a mate, heaps of action and off the water by 4:30pm. Can't complain.

post-16-1206270309_thumb.jpg

post-16-1206270466_thumb.jpg

That sounds like a top day mate.

You make me feel lazy. I live 11km from Berowra and you probably drive past my place when me when you go there and I still find something else I need to do.

Pop in for a coffee next time Anthony.

Cheers

Mitch