Spliced Wind-on-leader

Hi All,

Was thinking of making my own spliced wind on leaders for my 24kg outfits (mono).

Don’t know if I should attempt to make them myself or get someone in the know to make them for me.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction??

Cheers

Edited by Katari

gday mate.

making wind-ons is pretty tricky if you don't really know what you're doing

also, trying to explain this using just text would be more confusing than it would be helpful

i can give a few pointers though. top shot WOL (wind on leader) needles are nearly indespensible. also, without the aid of someone showing you or a video tutorial, i never would have been able to learn how to do it.

i spose i could provide some more info if you could tell me how much you know about making WOLs.

Cheers Nathan,

Havent made any myself but have had a look online at some step by step guides and thought I might give it a try.

I will have a chat to my local tackle store and get them to give me some pointers.

thanks again

mate ive made them before there not that hard ,the first few are rubbish that i made,they were strong just not neat ,did about 4 and there perfect or close enough to perfect i have a dvd that shows how to do it its called ...rigging baits and lures for light tackle game fishing part 2 by the afm mob

cheers arman

mate ive made them before there not that hard ,the first few are rubbish that i made,they were strong just not neat ,did about 4 and there perfect or close enough to perfect i have a dvd that shows how to do it its called ...rigging baits and lures for light tackle game fishing part 2 by the afm mob

cheers arman

This is a great DVD - I just picked it up last weekend. I am also going to rig up some wind on leaders for the first time this weekend - cant be that hard!! Famous last words!