Stockton Brakewall 23 & 24th March

puka9988

first fish in ages where i managed to catch fish!!! but my bad luck soon took its toll...

headed up to stockton on Sunday morning with plenty of fishing in mind! first tried the brake wall at about 4-5:30 but not one single bite!! so decided to head home grab some food and come back later when it gets darker.

came back at 7:45 and it seemed like a totally different place. my first time fishing there at night and there were so many other fishos out so i felt like tonight was the night to brake my drought!

we started fishing on the beach side but nothing.. so at about 8:45 we headed over to the harbour side and shortly after my lil bro pulled in a 35 cm bream. didnt really have the intentions of eating it so we put him back. then after that all we got were snags... :mad3::thumbdown: so we headed home.

Monday

headed back out there at around 12ish and found a spot next to a bloke that had just pulled in a fair sized spanish mackeral. every know and then we'd get some fair sized bites. at about 2ish it sorta went quite so we thought we should move and try some where else. but us i was bringing my rod in with the new reel something grabbed the squid. got it up on the rock and it was my first flat head in about 10 years! :1prop:

got the ruler out and was 47cm long! but as i turn around to put the ruler down and grab my phone to take a picture it decided to jump spit the hook and because stupid i left it on the edge of the rock it jumped back in and swam away!!!!! :(:ranting2::mad3::1badmood:

but acleast i broke the drought of not catching fish and hopfully there will be more to come!!!