New Boat

dom

Dear fishraider members,

In september o7 i bought my first boat after a fishing trip on hamilton island.

i payed 5 times more than i wanted to spend,great salesman.

In its first week second time i went fishing the fishfinder blew "small problem"

Second week most times i would turn boat off it would not start again almost had to jump out and paddle

to avoid jet cat and mountain rocks"starting to think boat might be a little unreliable"

A week later boat was returned plugs were changed no problem found .A month later i was charged for the plugs250 dollars.

Month 2 fishing live bait tank blows, fuel gauge has a differant reading every two seconds,fishfinder turns off every now and then when tired.

Month 3 live bait tank pops of hinges and rear compartment of boat comes off bait swimming everywhere im furious ."somebody screwed directly into fibre glass did not put screws and hoped it would last till boat was out of warranty"boat was repaired crack where hinge came off wasnt guess thats up to me.

month 4 antenna falls out of socket cable snaps "bad glue" rear left side of boat cracks from inside out"somebody sprayed fibre glass to thin" bait tank motor blows .Boat was repaired "it wont happen again we put a ten kilos worth around that week spot"

Month 5 took boat out for two hours it is currently sitting in driveway BLOWN FUSES ELECTRICAL PROBLEM,CRACK TO BACK LEFT ,FINE CRACKES INSIDE BACK RIGHT,TRAILER HARNESS SNAPPED HAD TO TIE NOT TO PULL BOAT IN ,BLOWN BAIT TANK, FOULTY FISH FINDER I FORGOT FOLDAWAY CHAIRS WICH LEGS KEPT BENDING I WAS TOLD TO TELL PASENGERS NOT TO PUT WEIGHT WHEN MOVING WE ENDED UP PUTTING DOUBLE LEGS "I WEIGH 70 KILOS MY FRIENDS NOT MUCH MORE".NO ANTENNA WELL ITS THERE JUST NOT IN WORKING ORDER BOAT IS 6 MTHS OLD WHAT SHOULD I :thumbdown::beersmile::thumbdown: DO. :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

If the boat was new when you purchased it then I reckon every fault should be fixed to YOUR standard or replaced. Even if the waranty has just run out you still have an "implied" guarantee of quality.

If you got the boat second hand then unfortunately "let the buyer beware" kicks in.

Department of Fair Trading would be a good place to start and then go from there.

Dave

Mate if you got it new then thats an absolute joke. I know that just about all boats have some minor teething problems, but what you're experiencing is absurd.

Definitely get in touch with the Dept. of Fair Trading, see if they can help.

Send us a PM of the who the dealer is if you don't mind, it'd be nice to know.

ring fair trading and explain the dilema. then speak to the boss of the place telling him you have logged it with fair trading and you want a full refund or a new boat! im pretty sure you do have the rights to that. you where sold a lemon and there has to be a no lemon clause and that many problems in 6 months mate thats not satisfactory or explainable. and yeah if not ring the news shows!

good luck mate, be carm and tell them what you want and tell them this isnt what i was sold i was sold on the fact that i was getting a quality reliable boat at the right price and this isnt what you have given me so i expect it to be rectified.

by A giving me a new boat

or B giving me a full refund

they should be the only 2 options you offer.

Edited by dlastdon

ring fair trading and explain the dilema. then speak to the boss of the place telling him you have logged it with fair trading and you want a full refund or a new boat! im pretty sure you do have the rights to that. you where sold a lemon and there has to be a no lemon clause and that many problems in 6 months mate thats not satisfactory or explainable. and yeah if not ring the news shows!

good luck mate, be carm and tell them what you want and tell them this isnt what i was sold i was sold on the fact that i was getting a quality reliable boat at the right price and this isnt what you have given me so i expect it to be rectified.

by A giving me a new boat

or B giving me a full refund

they should be the only 2 options you offer.

I would like to thank every body for there responses ,yes the boat was new and i am refusing to sell the boat to someone else ,i cant emaginesleeping at night knowing i sold someone else this boat and they will be paying finance to have there boat sitting in the shop where they bought it plus the safety factor i bought it and all the gear i fitted it with outriggers and 50 wide shimanos which have not been used because i am to scared to go outwide with it.

Would anybody like to buy this boat ,after i tell them the truth about it .

Regards to all