Access To Como Bridge?

traysexy

G'day raiders!

Some time away from the site I am now back into the scene!

After tackling Botany Bay yesterday and getting no luck, I have decided to move further inland [quite the opposite them most people]...

Can anyone tell me if there is LANDBASED access to under como bridge??? On the marina side...I've fished around there a few times, but only by boat so wanting to tackle it head on.. from the land!

thanks raiders,,

pete=]

Can anyone tell me if there is LANDBASED access to under como bridge??? On the marina side...thanks raiders,,

pete=]

Hi traysexy there is landbased access on both sides of the Como rail bridge. It's easier to approach the large rock platform on the opposite side to the Marina otherwise you have to pull your stomach in and turn side on and edge your way and climb down onto the same rocky platform from the Marina side.

There are lots of isolated poles which provide excellent cover and structure, near the rail bridge pylons and believe me directly under the bridge is an excellent bream and jewfish land based spot. If you hook up bigtime keep the drag tight and allow the rod to give it no quarter, otherwise they wrap'll you up around the poles.

Give it a go from low tide turnover to a couple of hours down the top at night, you will be pleasantly surprised at the dusk and night time activity in that part of the Georges River.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I'll just add that whenever I fish there I lose a lot of tackle (part of the reason why I ended up giving it up as a spot) from the north side. I don't know what is on the bottom there, but it is a magnet for hooks and sinkers.

hmm, loosing tackle / POSSIBLY catching fish.. I think it's a good try!

Like I said, I've only ever tried it from the boat, so didn't loose alot at all, although it seemed like quite a productive area.

By the surround of the area, it must be a rocky bottom for sure..might float the bait then and try my luck.. should be good either way=]

thanks raiders:)

pete