Bream Session

Hodgey

Arrived home from work yesterday to find that my new Strudwick Sik Stik Pro had arrived safely in the mail. :thumbup: (6'6' 1-3kg 1 pce spin stick). Matched it with a Stradic 1000 with 4lb fireline and 8lb vanish leader, with every intention of trying some NW pencils the next day.

The weather today was pretty ordinary. Fairly bright and clear, and a relatively stiff breeze. Started out using the pencils but found the conditions too tough. Reverted to poppers and tied on my favourite color. Worked the lure fairly aggressively due to the conditions and had reasonable success targetting sunken timber on the shoreline. The inevitable happened, and witnessed a VERY nice bream inhale the popper and return to the murky depths, breaking the leader like cotton :thumbdown:

Found a good stretch of sheltered water over a long weedbank, and had a great 40min session of near misses and solid takes. The :wife: had mentioned offhandedly to the billy-lids that there would be fish fingers for tea, unless Dad decided to stop releasing all his fish. :biggrin2: Suitably chastised, I decided to keep a couple for a meal. What surprised me was that the fish are similar in length, but are quite different in girth and weight.

post-3198-1206771843_thumb.jpg

Ended up nailing 12 fish for the session. Deno caught a great fish from under and over-hanging branch, roughly 38cm. :thumbup:

Another very enjoyable day on the water!!

Hodgey

Hi Hodgey

Nice looking fish on a terrific background! Shame about the bust-off ...... hope your supplier has been able to source some more of your favourite lure!!! :1prop::)

Great result!!

I tried yesterday (but was out on a low tide to a very low high) & only got a pike! Got into some blackies tho along a lease, so not all was lost ..... except the 2 that straightened my hook!

Cheerio

Roberta

Very nice Bream there :thumbup::thumbup:

Don't give up on the pencils when there is a bit of wind around although it stuffs around the walking action you can more easily get it to pop out of the water like a prawn

had an awesome session yesterday and i am now convinced that surface lures can sometimes be more effective than anything bar a peeled prawn

the killer lure was the tiemco pencil in clear , first cast i had three very big bream jostle each other out of the way to smack it all in full view :biggrin2:

all up seven good bream caught one fellow was a horse well over a kilo that put on a real show in the shallow water :thumbup:

keep up the good work

cheers

Kael