Glad We Went

boating

Hi Guys I thought I would just fill you in on our annual Easter trip to Tartha. We headed out of Kianinny on good Friday we had a late start as they were forcasting crappy weather but we set of anyway just hoping to catch a fresh feed for the day which we did, they were only flathead but they were all around the 50cm plus and I must say they are one of my favorite saltwater fish. Headed out the next day to calm waters but a cold and wet day :1badmood: but to our surprise catching a varitity of fish even bagging out on some but for me the catch of the day was this metre 30, 8.3kilo gummy shark, caught it in around the deapth of 30mt and it faught all the way up for around 20min it was well worth waiting out the bad weather.We continued to fish out of Kianinny Sun, Mon, Thur, Fri catching flathead, gurnard, leatherjackets, flounder, rock cod, sweep, morwong, salmon, snapper and all those crappy fish you either throw back or use for bait I even got onto the kingies but failed to get one in the boat but the fight was fun. We went out of Eden on Wed and headed down to Disaster Bay it was my first time down there as the name was offputting but the fishing was great so all in all the fishing trip was good caught plenty of fish for family and friends and had a good time doing it. You should try fishing out of Kianinny its great I have tried to talk my brother into coming with us but he has seen photos of Kianinny at its worst and he just won't be in it but I will keep trying. :thumbup:

Tight Knots

Cindy.

post-4090-1206829688_thumb.jpg

post-4090-1206829847_thumb.jpg

post-4090-1206829935_thumb.jpg

post-4090-1206830131_thumb.jpg

G'day Shark,

Beautiful Gummy. It's mostly only us Southerners or Ex Southerners who truly seem to know that gummy is the only real fish in 'fish & chips'. That's a lot of prime flake in beer batter in your hands.... yummy gummy!

Cheers, Slinky

Nice effort there mate. Seems like you had the luck on side.

We caught a good Gummy about the same size as this in Broken Bay. Is this rare?

Only flathead?

No Lasty if you had read on we caught 10 different varitities of fish not to mention the throw backs or bait fish such as pikes, mavkerals, sergeant bakers, wrasse and all those other none keeping reef fish but at the end of the day there is nothing wrong with just catching only flathead just as long as you are enjoying yourself.

Cheers

Cindy.

Only flathead?

I'm born and bred from down Eden way

and while a kingy or two are fun, and a few decent snapper are good my staple is always a good feed of outside flathead, sandy's or tigers, thats what I like to fill the bag to bring home.

great trip report, this is the best part of the east coast IMHO :thumbup:

Edited by Austwave

Shark Hunter

Thats one big gummy :1yikes: and i mean the shark not the big fellow holding it. :074:

At least you got out there for what sounds like 4 full days of good :1fishing1::1fishing1: and more :1fishing1:

I hear they also had a comp down that way you should have enter it in the comp as it could have been a winner.

cheers

bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Shark Hunter

Thats one big gummy :1yikes: and i mean the shark not the big fellow holding it. :074:

At least you got out there for what sounds like 4 full days of good :1fishing1::1fishing1: and more :1fishing1:

I hear they also had a comp down that way you should have enter it in the comp as it could have been a winner.

cheers

bob

Your right Bob they do run a fishing comp out of Kianinny every Easter and Christmas, its just a small comp and abit of a fund raiser for the fishing club but nevertheless it runs over two days and you get a feed and a beer for your entry. As usual we did enter the comp and after four years I was able to claim a prize with the gummy, I kept the money while hubbie got the five dozon oysters lucky me.

Your right Bob they do run a fishing comp out of Kianinny every Easter and Christmas, its just a small comp and abit of a fund raiser for the fishing club but nevertheless it runs over two days and you get a feed and a beer for your entry. As usual we did enter the comp and after four years I was able to claim a prize with the gummy, I kept the money while hubbie got the five dozon oysters lucky me.

Shark hunter

I can see where your hubby put those five dozen oysters :biggrin2:

What was the cash prize

cheers

bob

Shark hunter

I can see where your hubby put those five dozen oysters :biggrin2:

What was the cash prize

cheers

bob

Hey Bob although I found that alittle funny hubby said lucky you didn't join us as we would have needed three times that amount.

Tight Knots

Cindy.