Pt Stephens In Late March

Ross Hunter

Raiders,

Fishing at the Port has been frustrating the past few days. We are raising one, maybe two stripes a day.

It is a shame as the weather has been great, but the two don't always go hand in hand.The inshore fishery is showing signs of improving with some 24 degree water flowing past Seal Rocks . This too should improve the offshore scene once it flows down.

I will predict that things will hot back up in the next week or so.

We have now caught around 82 billfish (best day 8 worst none)one mako and a tiger shark Mahis to 22 kg and a couple of yellowfin.

However to look back on the season since mid January I would have to rate it as mediocre compare to last year 120 fish...2005 150 fish and then the greatest of all seasons in '97... 248 marlin....Oh Well you can only catch what's there I guess. We do have this weekend available and the weekend of the 12th..if any of you Raiders are interested at the discounted rate at $1600.00 per day for six anglers IE $270.00 per head Ring 0409 047 727 if interested.

Special congrats to Tim Dean's Calypso on their world record ladies fly fishing 60 kg striped on 12 lb line.

Ross Hunter