Sydney Harbour Sunday 30.3.08

cflife

post-4239-1206926993_thumb.jpgG,day fellow fishraiders

thought it was about time i put a quick post up.

Bugged the :wife: all day yesterday to head out for a scenic cruise / swim in our beautiful harbour.

plan was to get a couple of hours fishing in sunday arvo :1prop:

Mrs gathered some gear together ,food , drink, towels , ect whilst i screwed the down rigger on and grabed a rod :biggrin2:

Got to tunks around 4ish to find it still fairly busy mainly boats leaving.

Headed straight to balmoral and picked up 2 squid within 10 mins.

cruised over to clifton to find at least 8 other boats all anchored.

headed pretty quick over to yellow marker , thats when the mrs asked me to slow it down as we were bouncing around a bit (plan was working)

I backed off to idle grabed 1 of the squid from the tank and it was in the water in a heartbeat.

within 2 minutes the 6500 was screaming and the tug of war was on, this fish was going hard taking lots of line, i gave the drag a few clicks to slow it down to no avail , then ping line goes slack :(

quickly rigged up and got the other squid in as fast as i could , as soon as it hit the water

i was on again and this one was not getting away, quick fight and a nice king was on the deck and coming home for dinner.

Had no more bait so went for a quick swim and kicked back for an hour.

Then headed home.

All in all a lovely afternoon on the harbour.

within 2 minutes the 6500 was screaming and the tug of war was on, this fish was going hard taking lots of line, i gave the drag a few clicks to slow it down to no avail , then ping line goes slack :(

He he he he.. you and me both!!! :1prop: