Narrabeen Lakes 31.03.08

hanz

headed to the wollies bridge after work expecting to hook my first land based flatty on sp's hit the water at 5:45pm and fished 4" gulps in newclear chicken only to loose 2 to either toads or little striped jackets that followed the remains to the surface.thought i'd try the 4" molt minow and landed this little flatty measuring 27cm.finally gave up at 7:20pm

post-6362-1206958033_thumb.jpg

a little dissapointed i didn't get a keeper to take home and show the :wife:

theres always next time

headed to the wollies bridge after work expecting to hook my first land based flatty on sp's hit the water at 5:45pm and fished 4" gulps in newclear chicken only to loose 2 to either toads or little striped jackets that followed the remains to the surface.thought i'd try the 4" molt minow and landed this little flatty measuring 27cm.finally gave up at 7:20pm

post-6362-1206958033_thumb.jpg

a little dissapointed i didn't get a keeper to take home and show the :wife:

theres always next time

Bad luck Hanz. Bear in mind that Woolies bridge gets pretty heavily fished,

especially on weekends and yes, those pesky toads are pretty thick in the lake at present.

You perhaps should try some of the other locations in the lake, especially up the back

as the toads don't seem to bother you as much.

Don't give up on the lake as there are some fine specimens to be had and it's just a matter of perseverence I'm afraid.

better luck next outing.

Cheers,

Pete.

Mate Ive been struggling with the flatties too up the back of the lake. I usually pick up a couple on my drifts but I havent been finding many lately. You'll prob find some on the plastics if you look around, I havent been flicking lately cuz of a rooted shoulder. Theres a few decent bream in there at the moment

Mate Ive been struggling with the flatties too up the back of the lake. I usually pick up a couple on my drifts but I havent been finding many lately. You'll prob find some on the plastics if you look around, I havent been flicking lately cuz of a rooted shoulder. Theres a few decent bream in there at the moment

i'VE BEEN STRUGGLING TOO!

Just the odd bream on sp's, no flatties. Might be the drop in water temp.

Did hook a massive stingray on a sp but broke off after 10 mins battle.

I too haven't landed a flattie for over three weeks in the lake.

Even at the usual haunts they just aint there or aren't hungry enough to bite.

The whiting have made up for my fishing fix though on the flats.

Strange about those flatties though.

Pete.

I too haven't landed a flattie for over three weeks in the lake.

Pete.

Have you forgotten to bait up again Pete..................................You have to keep taking those tablets mate ! :1prop:

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Have you forgotten to bait up again Pete..................................You have to keep taking those tablets mate ! :1prop:

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Bugger that..I've been using the tablets AS the bait and eating the whitebait myself.. :tease:

Maybe that's where it's all gone kaput!

We've missed your pearls of wisdom Stumpy :wacko:

Cheers,

Pete.

hey guys, bad luck with the flatties, they are still there ive been getting into them the past couple of weeks with a couple of really good ones mixed in, all fish were taken whilst walking the shore and wading around the back end of the lake as pete suggests, and have all been taken on soft plastics,

heres some pics of the fish

starting off on sunday 16/3 with a nice pair of 45s for the table and a lake best of 77cm which went back in

nicepair45s.jpg

77cmpipeclaypoint-1.jpg

P3160134.jpg

friday 21/3, for 2 nice 40s and a 42 which came home with us

tasty.jpg

sunday 30/3 scored a couple of just under 35s then a lovely 54cm pics are in friends camera still on that beautie, so guys dont give up beleive me its not over just yet.

Edited by Hooked up

Ahhhh...good to know they are still there and biting placcies too.

Nice sets of lizards there and some big old mummas too.

Was it late arvo/evening when you targeted them?

Pete.

thanks pete, no it was morning sessions mate the last trip on the 30th seemed a bit quieter until the lady jumped on and the waters definately starting to cool too, i think its nearly time for the waders