Nepean 18th Of Jan

Narralakes

G'day Raiders,

went to the Nepean this morning for an early, last minute decision, woke up at 3.30 am and couldnt sleep, so went fishing. Anyhow, it was a bit chillier this morning and a slight E/SE wind which dropped off to nothing after a while, then picked up occassionaly. Fishing started off ok, I fished the right hand bank first for a change and in the first 10 minutes scored a baby at 15 cms then a 25 cm bass, good start. Went to the otherside and over the next two - three hours numerous strikes and caught another 5, biggest at 30 cms and then nothing for an hour except a few little swipes by smaller fish. I was just about to pack up when I decided to change to another popper and first cast and bang! I saw the fish coming from under some overhanging branches 2 metres to the right of where the fly dropped and he hit it within 1 second of it landing on the water. I thought that would be a good one to finish on. Overall about 8 fish, which over 4 hours is hard work, but it was still good fun, sorry to say it again, but flyfishing for bass is tops! :thumbup:

Hi Narra,

Great effort and nice fish :thumbup:

It's funny, I live literally ten minutes from where you were fishing but have never fished it :thumbdown:

Might have to get my act together once I get back on the water and give this Bass thing a go :risata::risata:

Again, nice fish :greatpics:

Cheers

David.

Andrew,

sent you a PM re Hatto, let me know how you go. Let me know when you want to go down the Nepean, we can organise something.

Thanks Ankles.

David,

I wish I had a bass fishery like the Nepean 10 minutes away from home, it takes me 1 hr and 10 to get there, I suppose there's Manly dam, but not much bigger than 20 cms there and you cant fish it early in the tinny, 7 am opening the gates is a bit late I reckon, best fishing is almost over by then.

Mitch,

how'd you go in the comp?

Guest bluecod

Ken,

Sounds like a good day mate, I can guarantee you won't catch anything worthwhile on the 12th floor where I work :thumbdown:

Will post separately regarding Narrabeen on Friday.

Big Banana,

if you want to join us for some fly fishing fun, we are heading down to Narrabeen Lakes on Friday afternoon, no bass, but should be plenty of bream and mullet and for size, they almost go as hard as the bass. Check out Bluecod's post on Narrabeen lakes fishing session.

cheers

G'day Raiders,

went to the Nepean this morning for an early, last minute decision, woke up at 3.30 am and couldnt sleep, so went fishing.  Anyhow, it was a bit chillier this morning and a slight E/SE wind which dropped off to nothing after a while, then picked up occassionaly.  Fishing started off ok, I fished the right hand bank first for a change and in the first 10 minutes scored a baby at 15 cms then a 25 cm bass, good start.  Went to the otherside and over the next two - three hours numerous strikes and caught another 5, biggest at 30 cms and then nothing for an hour except a few little swipes by smaller fish.  I was just about to pack up when I decided to change to another popper and first cast and bang!  I saw the fish coming from under some overhanging branches 2 metres to the right of where the fly dropped and he hit it within 1 second of it landing on the water.  I thought that would be a good one to finish on.  Overall about 8 fish, which over 4 hours is hard work, but it was still good fun, sorry to say it again, but flyfishing for bass is tops! :thumbup:

27603[/snapback]

Nice, I live near the nepean, never knew it held that much fish, maybe ill go do some shore bashing of poppers this weekend...do you think there would be much to catch from the shore?

Guest Big-Banana
Big Banana,

if you want to join us for some fly fishing fun, we are heading down to Narrabeen Lakes on Friday afternoon, no bass, but should be plenty of bream and mullet and for size, they almost go as hard as the bass.  Check out Bluecod's post on Narrabeen lakes fishing session.

cheers

27753[/snapback]

Unfortunately cant make it but Ill try my best to get there next time. Off for some fly lessons tonight courtesy of Bluecod and Target so lookign forward to it.

Golden Monk,

Iv'e never fished from the shore, but I hear that down the weir on the west (?) side is where the big fish are. Otherwise, just cast around the structures and weedbeds and you should see some action. I always go there in the tinny and go up the gorge and cast to the bank, so it might be a be tough from shore, although just past the boat ramp are plenty of open spaces and a few snags.