In Search Of Jewies

Met up with fellow Fishraiders ,Rizzo,Jizzo and Sizzo and outdoordan for a spot of beach fishing last nite and what a great night it turned out to be with good mates :thumbup:

I had already met Rich and Dan before and Jim and Sammy turned out to be two very nice fellas indeed with us all sharing laughs and having a great time.

We got set up around 3.30 as we had a monumental heap of gear to make us comfortable for our try at jewfishing from the beach.

Chairs ,eskies ,lamps and a host of fishing tackle to target bream,flathead,tailor and hopefully a jew or 2.

We tried for tailor first with a bit of success and landed a few nice ones for larger cut baits and in the process landed some nice flatties for Rizzos mrs oullis.

We all got into the action and then sent out the big squid and tailor fillets around 7 pm.

The action was ok but not mind blowing with a few good hits from larger tailor and then Jim yells out that he had scored his first beach jewie :yahoo: whilst no monster it was indeed our target fish and that made the whole trip worthwhile,well done Jim :thumbup:

Then the dreaded dog sharks turned up after the tide change and it was time to leave :ranting2:

We got back to the cars and I had brought the new gas cooker we had just purchased and had a very welcome hot coffee each to help us warm back up and keep our wits about us for the drive home.

Thanks for a top night out fellas and we will definately do it again real soon.

Here are some of our captures.

post-256-1207350382_thumb.jpg

post-256-1207350397_thumb.jpg

post-256-1207350412_thumb.jpg

post-256-1207350427_thumb.jpg

Cheers Stewy

Despite no big mulloway hittin the sand, we still had a top time.

The weather was superb, a cristal clear night with a ceiling of a billion stars above you. It just can't get much better :thumbup:

Theres nothin like soakin big baits in the suds with sand between your toes, it gets addictive.

I was amazed with how much gear you blokes lugged down to the beach, nothin like bein comfortable ay :1prop:

But bringin that burner and coffee was a bloody good idea. Stewy, you deserve nighthood :thumbup:

It was nice to meet you Rizzo, Sammy and Jim. Thanks for the laughs and good company, hopefully you'll join us again soon.

All the best

Dan

:ranting2: Bloody Dog Sharks... GRRR! :mad3::1wallbash:

Hi Guys,

Sounds like a good comfortable session.

You know your doing it all the right way when you land a jewie.

There are some big buggers to be had over the next few months.

I would encourage anyone including myself to brave the colder weather and hit any deep holes in the harbour and gutters on the beaches.

Cheers.

Thanks Stewy for a great fishing evening on friday we shared some good

laughs together :074: we had ball and the boys Jim,Sammy and I enjoyed

the company of you and Dan can't wait to catch up again for another social

fish soon :1fishing1: Thats what its all about just have a good time :yahoo:

Cheers

Rizzo :thumbup: