The Bay Sunday

Seagoon

Gday all,

Well, went out yesterday arvo for a fish with a mate on The Bay for not a great deal, bar a few odds and ends. Saw some pillies being chased around the Watts Reef by something, that turned out to be baracoutta, and Ian my mate hooked one on a whole pillie.

So, down goes the 'coutta... and then, up comes... A MASSIVE BLOODY CUTTLEFISH!!! It was absolutely massive. It was about a metre from the boat when it let go and buggered off. Fair dinkum, it was so huge. Its body was way bigger than the volume of its tenticles, and its body was as big as plastic shopping bag full of water - thats what it looked like too.

Apart from that, we lost an anchor... oh well... Anyhow, better than being stuck at home!

Cheers,

Jon

Jeesh, I lost my anchor on Saturday in the bay too.

I don´t normally fish on weekends because of the crowds but I could hardly beleive what I saw on Saturday morning. There would have been 15 boats just about on top of each other all fishing for live bait. Normally I might see one or two other guys there but on Saturday I had to actualy weave in and out of traffic to find a spot. It looked like a marina.

Has it always been like that?

Crazy !!

Jeesh, I lost my anchor on Saturday in the bay too.

I don´t normally fish on weekends because of the crowds but I could hardly beleive what I saw on Saturday morning. There would have been 15 boats just about on top of each other all fishing for live bait. Normally I might see one or two other guys there but on Saturday I had to actualy weave in and out of traffic to find a spot. It looked like a marina.

Has it always been like that?

Crazy !!

there was the sydney sport fishing convention on last weekend thats why there was so many people on the water ,from memory the were 160 competitors or some thing like that

cheers arman

Hi Guys

All those anchors are probably hooked up on the artificial reef that my brother is constructing by losing all my fishing rods over the side. Thanks for adding to what I am calling "Shimano Reef" :1fish:

Should be a top spot for some big fish shortly.

Regards Bill