Went For A Troll Today Thank God 4 Rdo's

StessL72

Hi there people i had a RDO today friday and rang a freind to see if he wanted to go chase a beakie, he said yes so i re spooled two of my reels and kept my self up till 11ish thursday night and set my alarm for 230am! :wacko: Anyway we hooked up the boat and off we went launched at rose bay and went to chase up some livies witch didnt take a great amount of time. Day light hit and we set the gps for a fad that we found one day and on arival i sent a yakka over the side and wham! my mate was on aswell double hook up. Anyway we pillaged them getting around 18 by this time we run out of livies which was around 25? so out came the lures and set gps for browns the weather was becoming perfect water was cobalt blue nice but 21.5 to 22 is the best i found closer to browns. I ended up trolling around the outer edge of the entire mountain with bait around and coral spawn i think? But didnt turn a reel i continued se for another 4 nm past browns but with no luck, so i turned around and headed north towards the baitstation 20nm to go :1fishing1: so i was around 8nm approx on the other side of browns in around 130fthms of water when the shot gun lure got nailed!!!!!!! i was yelling for my mate to get up due to him being crashed out under the front of the 1/4 cab by the time he got up the fish had dropped the lure! :mad3: O well by this stage it was around 330ish and had along way to go still so we decided to troll torwards that fad we found and on arival i seen a couple of thumper fish out came the bait but no chance with out livies! Trust me dont bother chasing dillies with out livies. think think think? I ended up getting my lazer pro 190 and trolled it past very slow but long and the tcurve keeled over bait runner screaming! i went to net this fish but it would fit in my net so out came the gaff. We landed the fish wich was around 90, 95 cm we trolled around it for around 10/20 mins with no luck! dollies 19 marlin 0! Anyway i am off to bed, i am so hammered here are a couple of pics of the dollies by the way dollie fillets "fresh" in garlic cloves and salt and pepper is very nice! cheers steve.

Well done Steve on a great catch of dollies mate,with a couple of nice fish amongst them too.

Haven't seen you for a while buddy,good to see your gettin out there & good report as well.

cheers mate

hollywood

Hey steve yea its been a while since last meeting which really wasnt a meeting hehehehe o well i seen you there for a glimps yea i try my best to get a good feed when i do go out which isnt often these days i have been busy with work all differrant types of hours shift work and stuff gives me the shits but thats enough of that hehehehe i see you and the little one are getting stuck into it another mad fisherwoman on the making lol well best of luck see you next meeting steve. the dollie went 4.126kg 93cm long