Flathead At Bobbin Head

Andy_from_the_CJ

G'day lads

a mate and I went down to the marina last night after a bream or two and had a few bust ups on 6lb line, which I figured were jewfish. So I went back for a solo session tonight, with some pilchards and a ten kilo outfit. Two flatties caught, this one at 95 cm, and a smaller one about four pounds, both released. Cheers to all, Andrew

post-230-1106136260_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Where you been Andy??

Looking forward to catching up on the water soon.

Great fish btw mate!! Good work on the catch and release side.

Is it just me, or do many of our members get pissed off with The Sunday Telegraph's Mr Swinburn publishing shots of giant flathead being killed each and every week??? Surely a more responsible approach could be encouraged by someone in his position.

Regards,

byron

Where you been Andy??

Looking forward to catching up on the water soon.

Great fish btw mate!! Good work on the catch and release side.

Is it just me, or do many of our members get pissed off with The Sunday Telegraph's Mr Swinburn publishing shots of giant flathead being killed each and every week??? Surely a more responsible approach could be encouraged by someone in his position.

Regards,

byron

27950[/snapback]

Hello Byron

100% in agreement mate. There's nothing wrong with killing fish for the table but let the big breeders go if you can. I've been out of action for about 9 months with health and biz probs but everything's come good now and I'm looking forward to a big summer and autumn of fishing. See you out on the water champ, all the best, A

Guest johblow
I was lying on my stomach on the marina arm with the rod under water as she charged off, thought she was a decent jewie.

27988[/snapback]

Wow! How'd you evade Halvosens teritorial employees?! ;-)

Wow! How'd you evade Halvosens teritorial employees?! ;-)

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbup:

Great fish. The couple of times I've been down to BH recently it's been so crowded, that I've either headed further up the Cowen, or gone over to ATC, and followed the path along for a while. Still only results in 20cm Bream though.

Steve.

Hi Andy

Well done! Are you allowed to fish from the pontoon there? I thought we weren't allowed. I've fished around the area a fair bit, but never off the pontoon. I've also never caught any flathead down there. Lots of good bream though.

Tim