Took The Wife Fishing

cruisecraft

Hi fellow raiders

Took a few days off with the wife in tow and headed up to NT for two and half days of fishing in paradise.There was baras, GTs, queenies, golden trevallies, mangrove jacks, estuary cods and even a catfish. It was all lure fishing and a catch and release policy was in place except for the fish meant for the dining table the same day. I will let the pictures do the talking.

Landing at Garig Gunak Barlu National Park in a twin cessna

post-2393-1208438712_thumb.jpg

First glimpse of "home" for the next 4 days and 3 nights.Stayed at the old lighthouse keeper's home.No air conditioning.Boy was it humid

post-2393-1208439041_thumb.jpg

A local welcomes us

post-2393-1208439307_thumb.jpg

Wife in action

post-2393-1208439849_thumb.jpg post-2393-1208441439_thumb.jpg

I am soon catching up.

post-2393-1208440367_thumb.jpg post-2393-1208440767_thumb.jpg

The cook prepared this Mangrove Jack that I caught

post-2393-1208440856_thumb.jpg

Alas Sunday the 13th soon comes around and it is back home to Sydney

Regards Kit and Betty

Edited by cruisecraft

Well done! Sounds like a terrific trip!! Looks like the fish came to the party, too! Dinner looks very tempting!

Can't wait to get up there again - last time was 2000! My brother has just built a house in Darwin, so things are looking good for a trip .... perhaps sooner than later!! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks everyone.We planned the trip in January. It was for my 50th birthday bash(yes he is an old fart now), so I got to chose the "program" . I've always wanted to catch a barra, hence the trip to the NT.The wife was hesitant initially as she worries about going far offshore and worries about the swell but at Cape Don there was hardly any swell and all the fishing is within 2-3 km offshore.The NT is blessed with remoteness, a pristine environment and fish galore.

There was only 8 staying at the homestead when we were there and 3 boats fishing(2,2 and 4) the whole area.The vessels are 7m centre console with 116 hp four strokes.The guides were excellent and went out of their way. The homestead staff were friendly and the chef fantastic.

Initially I had worries that the place would not be the right place for a couple but we were stoked with the whole place and setup and would definitely consider going back.

Oh, and the fishing wasn't bad either.

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft

• 2 weeks later...

Kit,

Some nice fish there - a little smaller than that eversized garfish!! In fact just about right for bait.

Does this mean Betty will coming to Browns when the YFT come on? - not long to go now, I have some new gear we need to christen. Also the Dubai connection will out in a few weeks.

Matt

Kit,

Some nice fish there - a little smaller than that eversized garfish!! In fact just about right for bait.

Does this mean Betty will coming to Browns when the YFT come on? - not long to go now, I have some new gear we need to christen. Also the Dubai connection will out in a few weeks.

Matt

Matt

I have pencilled the long weekend in June for you,Splinters and the Dubai connection. That weekend the wife will be on a "girlie weekend" in Perth and as long as I am there to do a pickup from Mascot on Monday late, we have nearly 3 days of fishun.

Regards Kit

Edited by cruisecraft