Hoodlum City

cflife

post-4239-1209686981_thumb.jpg post-4239-1209687026_thumb.jpg

Hi raiders just arrived back from a 5 day trip to lorde howe island with mrs and baby.

I am now an official member of club xl hoodlum x 10 :biggrin2:

heres a couple of kings from this morning.

report to come.

Cheers

Guy

Edited by cflife

hey mate got back after crissy.... great fun! are there still hundreds of sharks hanging around?

Yeah there were a fair few about , you had to pull the kings ect in pretty fast or they would get munched and a 6 footer would be on the end of the line ,all fun and games (for the first 10 mins) felt like reeling an otto bin full of water in.

Mate i reckon u could have thrown a piece of bread on your hook and pulled in a hood or big trev it,s by far the most fishy place i have been.

Still cant beat ya sydney harbour kings ( they seem to go much harder pound for pound.

cheers

quote name='Kingy Kid' date='May 1 2008, 11:19 PM' post='236606']

hey mate got back after crissy.... great fun! are there still hundreds of sharks hanging around?

Yeah there were a fair few about , you had to pull the kings ect in pretty fast or they would get munched and a 6 footer would be on the end of the line ,all fun and games (for the first 10 mins) felt like reeling an otto bin full of water in.

Mate i reckon u could have thrown a piece of bread on your hook and pulled in a hood or big trev it,s by far the most fishy place i have been my shoulder is pretty sore from winding. :biggrin2:

Still cant beat ya sydney harbour kings ( they seem to go much harder pound for pound. :thumbup:

cheers

post-4239-1209685139_thumb.jpg

post-4239-1209685177_thumb.jpg

Absolutely fantastic place and XOSKings :1yikes:

any more pics?

penguin

G,day penguin it sure is a lovely part of the world ,and the fishing is unbelivable ,i fished off the rocks and was using small live blue fish for bait and getting smoked on 50lb no chance.

also got full on spooled on the bait rod trying to gather livies off the rocks. :wacko:

heres a couple more pics

cheers

Guy

post-4239-1209690778_thumb.jpg post-4239-1209690829_thumb.jpg post-4239-1209690857_thumb.jpg

Well done on the kings guy. :1yikes: They are some big bruisers.

One question for you, were your arms that big before you left for Lord Howe or is that a result of the workout the kings gave you !!!!

cheers

mr mojo

Good stuff Guy... I'm sure they made up for the few that smoked you on the heads a couple of weeks back.

What was the deal with the fishing - were you on board a charter? Are they reasonably priced. Very keen!

Brett

Well done on the kings guy. :1yikes: They are some big bruisers.

One question for you, were your arms that big before you left for Lord Howe or is that a result of the workout the kings gave you !!!!

cheers

mr mojo

G,day mojo i think this pic will answer your question lol :074:

post-4239-1209703809_thumb.jpg

Wohooooo

Those are amazing fish Clife well done

Have you got any lengths and weights of them?

What kind of tackle were you using?

Looks like you have the strength to handle those hoodies too!

Cheers

inhlanzi

G,day inhlanzi

mate i didnt measure or weigh any of them.

allways the way.

we were using 50lb mono , funny that i use 50lb braid in the harbour and am allways getting smashed. (shallow water i think)

cheers

Edited by cflife

Good stuff Guy... I'm sure they made up for the few that smoked you on the heads a couple of weeks back.

What was the deal with the fishing - were you on board a charter? Are they reasonably priced. Very keen!

Brett

G,day Brett how are you.

mate i was on a charter.

price was around $140 half day

It is such an easy get away , 1 and a half hour flight from Syd.

no mucking around when you get there , was in the room then snorkling neds beach getting smothered by xxxl hoodlums within an hour of the plane landing.

2 easy.

let me know im keen to go back , ill need a weeks notice :thumbup:

Lord Howe Island is a beautiful place. I visted the island a few years ago and would love to go back. On of the best things I saw was the daily fish feeding at Ned's beach. The size of the kingies that would swim between your legs was amazing. Would love to do some fishing there. Talk about XO fish.

post-4239-1209686981_thumb.jpg post-4239-1209687026_thumb.jpg

Hi raiders just arrived back from a 5 day trip to lorde howe island with mrs and baby.

I am now an official member of club xl hoodlum x 10 :biggrin2:

heres a couple of kings from this morning.

report to come.

Cheers

Guy