Georges River Sunday Arvo

Smitty

Hi Raiders,

Thought I'de give the Blackfish a lash in the Georges yesterday, and I wasn't disappointed.

Started at the boardwalk at Lambeth reserve, and although I didn't get a lot of downs I still managed four fish to 30cm in just over an hour. Things then went a bit quiet (nearing the bottom of the tide) so I headed downstream to give another possie a go. The next spot started producing from the moment the first bait drifted down into the strike zone, and another eight fish were landed before it was time to pull up stumps.

What a top afteroon, the weather was beautiful and the fishing was great. Landed about a dozen fish all up (best went 36cm) and invited three home for dinner tonight.

Here are a couple of pics of the arvo.

post-1673-1209959696_thumb.jpg

Beautiful spot to spend a few hours.

post-1673-1209959727_thumb.jpg

A couple of friends I invited to dinner.

Cheers,

Smitty...

Sounds like you had a great session Smitty and a few nice fish too.

It looks like a beautiful spot alright.

Great photos. Is that your mate "Rod" on the rock? And his friend "Annette"? :074:

I'm not a blackfisherman and was wondering if you just used weed as bait?

Cheers

Peter

Edited by peterS

Hahaha, very good :074::074::074: Rod was doin all the hard work, Annette was just hangin around!

Yes Peter , just weed for bait.

Smitty.

Well done Smitty. Any Bream fishos on the walkway?

CHEERS ESKY.

There was one bloke there when I first arrived, said he'd been there since before sunup, he was fishing for Jew but had no luck. There were also a couple of blokes heading that way when I was leaving.

Chris

Smitty,

I fished the boardwalk on 2 afternoons last week catching the bottom of the tide, and failed to land even one fish. Had weed from 3 different locations and maybe only scored a couple of half heated downs.

On Friday arvo, a couple not 20m's from the end of the boardwalk landed a half dozen in under an hour.Let me tell you that was very frustrating.

Good luck to you anyway, I'm going to try and get back there some time this week.

Quick question, was the weed local???

Cheers Jed.

Well done Jed looks like the Georges will fire again this year, now i recognise that rock from anywhere hows round the corner fishing? :bump0ee:

36cm a good fish for the river too well done!

Sawa coule over here up in Napier the other week that went well in excess of 60cm no one chase em cuase they think they are a stink fish Kiwis don't know a good feed when its swimming at them thoughthey do get kings that make ours look like yakkas on a regualr basis!

Keep at it Jed. :1fishing1::beersmile:

hi nice catch, just wondering which way is down stream and upstream? do you call chipping norton upstream or down from where you were fishing at

Chippo is upstream from where I was fishing.

Smitty,

I fished the boardwalk on 2 afternoons last week catching the bottom of the tide, and failed to land even one fish. Had weed from 3 different locations and maybe only scored a couple of half heated downs.

On Friday arvo, a couple not 20m's from the end of the boardwalk landed a half dozen in under an hour.Let me tell you that was very frustrating.

Good luck to you anyway, I'm going to try and get back there some time this week.

Quick question, was the weed local???

Cheers Jed.

Jed,

The keepers from the boardwalk came from the end near the channel marker, only very small fish at the other end.

The weed is from an upstream tributary of the Geoges but I wouldn't call it local by any stretch of the imagination! It's the same weed Stewy and Dan used with great success last weekend, and its been in the fridge for about two weeks now.

Cheers,

Chris...