Captain Cook Jewies

Savage73

Hi All,

Decided to do a jewie run under the captain cook bridge. Got out their right on the turn of the tide and casted out a slab of squid. As I sat down o have my coffee, my bait runner 6500 started screaming in what turn out to be the best run I have ever had and then the fish was gone. I have never seen sooo much line come off a reel in such a short time.

15 minute after that run, got my first jewie to 63cm and three more followed in the next few hours as well as a nice blue swimmer crab.

post-2775-1209962072_thumb.jpg

Total jewies = 4

biggest one was = 71cm.

Awsome way to spend a chillie friday night

Cheers

Richard

Nice result Savage73 :thumbup: Did you notice the white Quintrex inside the other boats at CC the Bridge on Friday night ? I was with TunOfun and his Dad in a white Quintrex deep sea half cab and we were the widest boat south side and fished just a little wide of CC Bridge on the old boat ramp side fishing from around 6pm till 11pm. (Brett) TunOfun dropped a jew about that size which was part of a resident school I reckon, the Wanda schools have been around 8-10 kilos.

Did you have an electric on the front which you weren't using or were you wider than that boat in the twenty five foot during the run out ? What time did the school the boil up? We left on the dot of 11pm and didn't see any action from the other boats close to the south side and no action from the landbased blokes while we were there. My regular jew mate, Julius caught one just on 8 1/2 kilos at Wanda on Thursday night, on the turn on the run back, so that plus another few caught at Wanda is a good indication of size for this year's incoming schools.

Four jew on a good night like Friday was a good effort mate !!

Congratulations :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: