Winter Is Approaching

Dreamtime

Icestorm photos always amaze me. Amazing damage they can cause.

Several years ago overseas we were stuck inside a house for days while all the electricity lines were made safe, roads ploughed. Had 6 neighbours camped in as we had a oil fired boiler and a wood fire. Only house in the street not to have roof damage due to weight of ice as we had the fire stoked up adn it was a thatch roof. So odd when you went outside as there was no noise except ice cracking now an then and tree branches giving was as more mist froze on them. Grass actually snapped in half when you walked on it.

So glad I don't live in that climate and to see it on ships with salt water and them out with staem hoses - not for me- Honiara cliumate sound so much better.

Icestorm photos always amaze me. Amazing damage they can cause.

Several years ago overseas we were stuck inside a house for days while all the electricity lines were made safe, roads ploughed. Had 6 neighbours camped in as we had a oil fired boiler and a wood fire. Only house in the street not to have roof damage due to weight of ice as we had the fire stoked up adn it was a thatch roof. So odd when you went outside as there was no noise except ice cracking now an then and tree branches giving was as more mist froze on them. Grass actually snapped in half when you walked on it.

So glad I don't live in that climate and to see it on ships with salt water and them out with staem hoses - not for me- Honiara cliumate sound so much better.

Is this what your talking about?

Some more pics for you Pel