Harbour Jews

jim77

Finally got my boat back from the repairers last week (Huetts did a great job! :1prop: ). As the winter draws in and the Kingy fishing is startting to calm down a bit i'm now ready for my assault on catching my first Jewie.

I have read the countless reports on people catching Jews in Middle Harbour and other places but is it worth trying for them in the main harbour? I have a few spots i am planning to try that i have been told are fairly reliable. Is there a certain time of year that is better than others?

Am i wasting my time by spending lots of time fishing for Jews in the main harbour as opposed to some of the MH spots?

I know there are a lot of other factors that go into it - mainly tide and moon phases etc, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jim

I think there are lots of big jewies in the harbour but they are not consistent. Personally i think the best tide to try for the harbour is the run in from the bottom of the tide until 2 hours before the high, with preferable the week leading to the full moon. I think you should try the Hawkesbury if you wana get your first jewie as they are more consistent up there, and fillet baits and fresh squids outfishes livies. Jewie fishing can be quite hard, i spend 4 years chasing them with countless overnight trips but come back with nothing, but it pays to put that time in and you will get your first one soon or later!!

Cheers

Louis