Split Ring Pliers

Evets

Hi guys,

Just been looking for some split ring pliers on line. There are so many to choose from.

Going to try and jig some winter kings over the next few months and need a good pair of split ring pliers to change jigs and to rig up.

Anyone have any pointers as to what features/brands I need to look for ? Some of the pliers have the split ring tip while others like the prohunter/ duels have them in the middle of the blade. Which is better or easier to use?

I like the look of the pro hunter pliers (look like knock offs of the expensive Duel pliers) but wonder if they will be the same as the originals :unsure: ?

Evets

Hi guys,

Just been looking for some split ring pliers on line. There are so many to choose from.

Going to try and jig some winter kings over the next few months and need a good pair of split ring pliers to change jigs and to rig up.

Anyone have any pointers as to what features/brands I need to look for ? Some of the pliers have the split ring tip while others like the prohunter/ duels have them in the middle of the blade. Which is better or easier to use?

I like the look of the pro hunter pliers (look like knock offs of the expensive Duel pliers) but wonder if they will be the same as the originals :unsure: ?

Evets

I just ordered these Duel Pliers for $80.00. Should be here next week.

Tired of buying the shitty cheap ones. They keep going off centre and are useless.

These Penn ones sell for about $10.00

Also these Diawa ones. Sell for $60.00

When your trying to re-rig trebles or the like, the last thing you want is to have pliers that fail you.

Last cheapies I bought I threw in the creek - can be frustrating?

I have a pair of the heavy duty Berkley split ring pliers that are a copy of the Duel's but only cost me $39 and I have been using them specifically for all my heavy duty split rings on my jigs for the past 12 months and they haven't missed a beat even on the 300lb Decoy rings.

Highly recommend for the price and the come with their own belt pouch.

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by IanC

All i can say in general you get what you pay for but those

sea pliers by daiwa are top notch quality i have a few friends

using and they are all happy with em they especially rigging

jigging lures and fishing tasks also spraying INOX after use

goes a long way for everlasting use :thumbup:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2: