Cronulla And Kurnell

james7

My mate Pick-A-Box Syd had promised fellow Raider Peter Koch a trip out fishing before Peter returns to hospital on Tuesday for more treatment.

Conditions were perfect as we headed out of Port Hacking on Saturday.

We tried a couple of drifts off Wanda for eight flathead before Peter suggested trying a “special spot” off Kurnell.

Well, first drop Peter pulls up a nice mowie. One thing I can tell you for sure, Peter doesn’t let his other problems, no matter how serious they are, interfere with his fishing! He certainly knows what he’s doing and he keeps going no matter how he feels. Once again, his mowie proved to be the fish of the day.

post-4381-1210500255_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately that was the only “good” fish anyone caught. However, there were plenty of sweep and Peter’s son Ollie showed that it was easier to bring them up two or three at a time. Mixed in were some annoying mado, wrasse and large bakers. :1badmood:

post-4381-1210500486_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1210500529_thumb.jpg

Syd catches something almost as pretty as himself!

And will someone please tell him to get rid of the "skipper's hat"!!! :thumbdown:

post-4381-1210500373_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1210500441_thumb.jpg

The sun was just setting as we made our way back into Port Hacking after a great day's fishing with good mates.

post-4381-1210500711_thumb.jpg

We ended up with a good feed for all our families and the sweep will be smoked soon. (Don’t knock sweep till you’ve tried them smoked! Delicious!)

post-4381-1210500762_thumb.jpg

Also, my thanks to Mrs Pick-A-Box Syd for cooking up the flattie fillets. They were great! :thumbup:

post-4381-1210500924_thumb.jpg

I’m sure all Raiders wish Peter the best over the next few weeks and hopefully he’ll be back out with us soon showing us (again) how to catch the big ones.

Cheers

PeterS

My mate Pick-A-Box Syd had promised fellow Raider Peter Koch a trip out fishing before Peter returns to hospital on Tuesday for more treatment.

Conditions were perfect as we headed out of Port Hacking on Saturday.

We tried a couple of drifts off Wanda for eight flathead before Peter suggested trying a “special spot” off Kurnell.

Well, first drop Peter pulls up a nice mowie. One thing I can tell you for sure, Peter doesn’t let his other problems, no matter how serious they are, interfere with his fishing! He certainly knows what he’s doing and he keeps going no matter how he feels. Once again, his mowie proved to be the fish of the day.

post-4381-1210500255_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately that was the only “good” fish anyone caught. However, there were plenty of sweep and Peter’s son Ollie showed that it was easier to bring them up two or three at a time. Mixed in were some annoying mado, wrasse and large bakers. :1badmood:

post-4381-1210500486_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1210500529_thumb.jpg

Syd catches something almost as pretty as himself!

And will someone please tell him to get rid of the "skipper's hat"!!! :thumbdown:

post-4381-1210500373_thumb.jpg

post-4381-1210500441_thumb.jpg

The sun was just setting as we made our way back into Port Hacking after a great day's fishing with good mates.

post-4381-1210500711_thumb.jpg

We ended up with a good feed for all our families and the sweep will be smoked soon. (Don’t knock sweep till you’ve tried them smoked! Delicious!)

post-4381-1210500762_thumb.jpg

Also, my thanks to Mrs Pick-A-Box Syd for cooking up the flattie fillets. They were great! :thumbup:

post-4381-1210500924_thumb.jpg

I’m sure all Raiders wish Peter the best over the next few weeks and hopefully he’ll be back out with us soon showing us (again) how to catch the big ones.

Cheers

PeterS

GOOD ON YA PETE.. YOULL BE BACK OUT THERE AGAIN

A picture of the flatties and sweep which took Syd and myself an hour to fillet. :wacko:

The flatties have already been eaten and the sweep are booked in for the smoker tomorrow night.

Hope you and Ollie enjoyed the mowie and pigfish Peter.

post-4381-1210504927_thumb.jpg

Cheers

PeterS

Nice catch fellas! Smoked you say... I'll have to get a smoker and try a few of the otherwise throwbacks smoked. Have smoked an eel before... delicious!

Definitely get yourself a smoker plankton. This one only cost about $60. Tailor are great smoked, but there are many other "rubbish" fish that taste good smoked too. Sweep are an excellent example.

post-4381-1210827265_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Nice work fellas!!

Hey PeteS, despite Syd and you being stinkin smokers, i reckon you guys would be so healthy from eating spreads like that all the bloody time!!

Im in hibernation for the next 3 months in albury, so we'll have to get out when i come back to civilisation..lol