Thanks Huey.

Shark Bait

Hi all.

I bought a new 75 E-Tec in march last year. Just before X-mas, it developed an occasional miss with about 50 hours up on the clock. After a run over about 3000 rpm, when I dropped back off the plane to about 1200RPM or less, 1 cylinder would drop out for a while. It didnt happen all the time, but often enough for me to squirt fear pee.

I sent Huey an e-mail & described the symptoms. He suggested he would first pull out the spark plugs, check the gap & clean them. He told me the spark plugs needed to be installed in a particular way (indexed)& told me how to do this.

35 hours later (& about 5 months) I've finally run enough fuel through it to figure it wasn't old fuel causing the problem. These things just don't use any fuel, a tank lasts me 4 or 5 outings, so it took a while. The miss was getting worse, & it was time to act.

I pulled the spark plugs out & found all 3 plugs installed incorrectly. One of the plugs was installed with the electrode pointing away from the injector, nearly 180 degrees around the wrong way. The other 2 were nearly 90 degrees out. I bought a new set of plugs from my local dealer, set the gap, & installed them as instructed by Hueys service Technician, and all is good. The motor runs like it should & revs to 5200 at WOT again.

I didn't buy my motor from Huey, I bought it from another dealer, But I'll be going to Huey for a service.

Cheers Craig. I owe you one. Please thank your technician for me. I spoke to him on Thursday last week. He's a good guy.

Rick.

Hi Rick, no problem mate and I am glad we could help you to get it sorted. I will pass onto the guys in the workshop.

Good to see you are getting 5200 at WOT, that is ideal.

Cheers,

Huey.

I agree.

Huett's upgraded my E-Tec from a 40HP to a 60HP just before Chrissy. Did a great job.

Craig showed me how to connect to a laptop and see what your motor has been doing. Pretty hi-tech stuff.

I'm in the 'Gong so its a fair haul up but I don't care.

I'll drive the drive because the service was fantastic.

Keep up the good work!!

Chris

I agree.

Huett's upgraded my E-Tec from a 40HP to a 60HP just before Chrissy. Did a great job.

Craig showed me how to connect to a laptop and see what your motor has been doing. Pretty hi-tech stuff.

I'm in the 'Gong so its a fair haul up but I don't care.

I'll drive the drive because the service was fantastic.

Keep up the good work!!

Chris

Whats the price of a service for 100hrs on my etec 115 and how do i set my laptop up for my motor

Hi Red, I am sure you relise that a service does not need to be until 3 years or 300 hours, but we do have customers that like to do it yearly, the choice is yours. The price will depend on what you want done. If you want us to inspect and replace if needed the impeller, due to perhaps you running thru alot of sand/mud the service would cost approx $400. That include a printout of the emm history and performance report.

If you only want a basic service, which does not include the water pump it would cost you about $250.

You need the software downloaded into a laptop and the communication cable. The cable is about $150 but the software for us to buy was expensive and you would not want to buy that. Bring the boat up for a service and I will see what we can do.

Cheers,

Huey.