Hawkesbury Fires

up at 4.30 yesterday morning for a 5 am start. head staight to parsley bay to try and pick up a few live herring. zilch although i caught an undersized trevally and the blokes fishing up on the rock got 1 at 35cm have never seen trevally that far up the hawkesbury before :wacko: . anyway onto juno picked up a 30cm bream and 45cm flatty :thumbup:. got bored there after a while onto potonga and over to my secret weed spot(was planing on going for some blackies in the next few days). had a call from a mate who was over at west head having a drift so i went over to join then. second road in the water had been there for maybe a few minutes tops with a ganged white bait.BANG. wasnt sure what the hell it was but it fought bloody hard got it to the surface saw the white underside dam a ray had a proper look nope 38cm flounder :thumbup: got him to the net and droped just as the net scooped him up.lucky. kept drifting and got a small yakka chucked himback out on 10kg jewie rod. first run struck up to nothing. brought him in heads gone. back out with the yakka. second run struck up to nothing. only meaty body section left. 3rd run lucky hooked the 50cm tailor :thumbup: my mate in his boat caught one as well so i decided to have a troll round the head ended up with 5 more tailor all to about 40-50cm in under half an hour. head back to the ramp to clean the fish checking he witch hats. nothing. only 1 bluey. oh well cant have em all. good day on the water with plenty of fish caught.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

flatty hunter

great report and good to hear some one is pulling the green backs

we only managed stinky salmon but great fun on the light gear

gary

they were all bled and on ice as soon as they were caught but i never thought of tailor as a good eating fish until tonight on the barby with a squeeze of lemon and some salt and pepper :thumbup:

up at 4.30 yesterday morning for a 5 am start. head staight to parsley bay to try and pick up a few live herring. zilch although i caught an undersized trevally and the blokes fishing up on the rock got 1 at 35cm have never seen trevally that far up the hawkesbury before :wacko: . anyway onto juno picked up a 30cm bream and 45cm flatty :thumbup:. got bored there after a while onto potonga and over to my secret weed spot(was planing on going for some blackies in the next few days). had a call from a mate who was over at west head having a drift so i went over to join then. second road in the water had been there for maybe a few minutes tops with a ganged white bait.BANG. wasnt sure what the hell it was but it fought bloody hard got it to the surface saw the white underside dam a ray had a proper look nope 38cm flounder :thumbup: got him to the net and droped just as the net scooped him up.lucky. kept drifting and got a small yakka chucked himback out on 10kg jewie rod. first run struck up to nothing. brought him in heads gone. back out with the yakka. second run struck up to nothing. only meaty body section left. 3rd run lucky hooked the 50cm tailor :thumbup: my mate in his boat caught one as well so i decided to have a troll round the head ended up with 5 more tailor all to about 40-50cm in under half an hour. head back to the ramp to clean the fish checking he witch hats. nothing. only 1 bluey. oh well cant have em all. good day on the water with plenty of fish caught.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

MATE AN OLD BLOKE I KNOW SWEARS ABOUT WONDABYNE..... UP MULLET CREEK WAY.... GREAT FOR BIG BREAM IN CLOSE TO SHORE.... FLATTIES AND BIG JEW.... DIRECTLY OUT FROM THE PONTOON OPPOSITE THE RAILWAY TRACKS... I DID AN OVERNIGHTER THERE AND SCORED THE BIGGEST BREAM I HAVE EVER SEEN.. HUGE.....MIGHT BE WORTH AS TRY..

funnily enough thats were i started fishing before i got my boat :1prop: got some mighty big bream some modest flattys plenty of mullet and leatheries some octupus and my first ever jew and still my PB at 62cm :thumbdown: lol. yer theres some nice fish up there. although i have only ever caught 3 jews there only 1 been legal i was talking to a bloke there one day who had a picture on his phone and my mate that lives there saw him just after catching it a 30kg jew on a big smelly slad of bonito.

flatty hunter