Anyone Know What Make And Model Boat Is?

redbull760

Hi Redbull and welcome to Fishraider. I am sorry but I have not seen one of those before, but it looks similar to the old Stebercraft but usually they had clinker sides, but with the chine rail it reminds me of them. So my guess would be Stebercraft.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, the boat/hull looks like very much like one of the very early surf jet boats. I would not know who manufactured them.

It may not hurt to send of an email to Steber with a pic and they may be able to advise if it was one of theres.

Cheers

Try Bass Straight Boats in Victoria I think it was Bairnsdale they use to make the Jet Rescue Boats. Buit like the proverbial brick outhouse bullet proof and unsinkable. The early ones used a Ford 351 to a Hamilton Jet later models had a 250hp Yanma Diesel /Hamilton Jet. Great machines to play with but like all jets no steering at low speed.

Try Bass Straight Boats in Victoria I think it was Bairnsdale they use to make the Jet Rescue Boats. Buit like the proverbial brick outhouse bullet proof and unsinkable. The early ones used a Ford 351 to a Hamilton Jet later models had a 250hp Yanma Diesel /Hamilton Jet. Great machines to play with but like all jets no steering at low speed.

Thanks for your replies I think Pirate Pete has got it! I just googled and Bass Straight Boats have a new rescue boat based on a 1960's boat which looks similar.

My boat was fitted with a shaft drive and the engine sat in the centre of the deck under the floor. Not sure what type of engine it was as it was removed a few years prior. I have decided to put a johnson 225 outboard on the back. To do this i have a pod being made for the engine to sit on and a bathing platform.

Should be ready in a couple of weeks.