Shark Fishing

Hi guys

When fishing for sharks off shore with a deadbait set under a balloon...how far below the balloon is a good length?

cheers james

Tell you what James with the sharks up your way I reckon a deadbait or even an old boot should be at least two kilometres below a horizon balloon.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi guys

When fishing for sharks off shore with a deadbait set under a balloon...how far below the balloon is a good length?

cheers james

Hi james...

are you adjusting to the change up north yet?????

if any shark comes up your trail to look over proceeding's it will be a fair assumption that he will sniff out

whatever is offered to him ....

as a general rule here in sydney and this mostly aimed at mako's is i try to set the bait at around

the depth that try's to keep it in touch with the approximity to the burley trial....ie the further you send it back the deeper

you may have to set it at....but saying that rarely would i set the bait deeper than 6mtrs....

combined with sacrifical shark traces that's just my method james i am no dedicated shark nut....just do it at the back end of the season when it tends to get

long in the tooth and i am over catching y/fin at that stage......but it seem's to work for me...

Cheers Warnie....

Thanks for the tips guys.

Adjusted very well up here....fishing is great...weather is better and the people are great.

Already had 1 encounter in the canal that runs through the back of my place with a small bullshark.....unfortunatly i busted off on one of the various snags....dont go swimming =)...also landed a nice sized4 foot hairtail which i released thinking it was an eel later realising what it was DOHHHH...ohh well.

Plenty of sharks around...people get them all the time when floating livies out the back of the boat for mack tuna. Neighbour got a Bronze whaler last weekend on the 36's went 7 foot.

cheers james

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

cheers james

Hey James, im now living on the gold coast too, im now a half owner of a charter fishing business up here, we have been doing quite a few shark fishing charters with great success, We have found that baits set on the bottom are far more productive than floating baits. we have been dropping whole mac tuna to the bottom on the 24 fathom reefs due east of the sea way, they get eaten every time. usually Bronze whalers and bull sharks.

Burleying hard also helps.

Edited by madmac