Ourimbah Creek And Beyond

Jethro

We hit the water at 5am with the plan of exploring some new water, Ourimbah Creek.. By the time we got to the mouth of the creek it was still a bit dark so we dropped the crab traps in and sat back and had a ciggy and talked tactics. By this time there was enough light to navigate so in we went.

We started of fishing bass minnows and 3" hawgs but after about half an hour with out so much as a touch a change of plan was needed. I had read a few times about people fishing unweighted BM so I thought I would give it a try.

It took a little while to get use to the ultra slow retrieve that is need but after that the results were almost immediate. There were quite a few missed hits to begin with but after a while I managed to pin a couple of undersize fish.

We stayed for a few hours and the fishing was pretty ordinary ast best so we took off for the Entrance channel for a feed of flathead. The channel was the usual parking lot on a Saturday morning. The fishing was very slow as well and after an hour we only managed 1 keeper. Hmmmm change of venue again off to the ever reliable Wyong Creek.

Since getting the boat the creek has always produced for us, not big fish but there are plenty of them. I ended up with 4 fish in the well ranging from 27-32cm, I also managed to drop 2 really good (well good for me) fish next to the boat.

Drew could not pin a keeper he was having one of those days. Casts going astray, snags, missed hits. Glad it wasn’t me this time.

Heres a couple of photos.

2 of the bream

post-44-1106528879_thumb.jpg

The lone Flatty

post-44-1106528919_thumb.jpg

I'm sure these fish looked bigger in the flesh. :thumbup:

its a fairly easy waterway to find fish in i have yet to explore narara and erina creeks but once i get my leccy ill get into there and also spots round waterfall bay i would like to explore. when you think about it it is a big waterway