Arm Pump

GregL

Is there such a thing as arm pump while breaming?

That burning in your arm from the last fish after it's just tried to make it back to structure and then slugged it out deep for the last few mins. Well when the fishing is this good even the humble bream can do it to you!

Fridays bream session with fellow tournement angler Harry Potter saw us hooking crazy amounts of fish. To fish with someone your usually compeating against makes a day of learning lots of new things! What a great day Rich, we'll have to do it again reel soon!

Plenty of fish but the average size was back to usual. Over the last few sessions we have seen monster bags, no make that unbelievable bags(40cm+ full bags!) but where size went numbers made up for it. Fishing mainly blades for the day hop hop bang your on was a norm. I haven't seen breaming like this in years!

Add in trevas and cracker tailor into the catch and your in for a very interesting day. Bit of a slacker as I didn't pull the camera out much and the last few we've been out getting pic's for sponsors(brake site rules if posted) but seriously if you like catching bream on lures, get off your butt a get out there!

Nice trev picked out of a deep hole, surounding area is 18ft and in the hole is 33-36ft. Blade retrieved over the dropoff with a fast rip. Plenty there and was almost a fish a cast for a while.

post-3563-1211596385_thumb.jpg

Fishing 40mm blades, bream just love'm! Greedy little bugger this one was.....

post-3563-1211596373_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Greg

Nice trev, Greg. Looks like that breambo engulfed the blade. :1yikes:

Are you using the TT's or the Ecogears? Do you have a preference for a particular color yet (that you are prepared to tell us about :1prop: )

Great report mate. Sounds like you had a top day on the water! :thumbup:

Hodgey

Cheers Guys

Marty the blade style lures look like this. This one is the Ecogear VX40. 40mm long and weighs 5gms. Get's to the bottom fast to fish tho's areas in fast current or deeper than you would normally look at fishing with plastics. There are many different ones on the market and they range from $10-25. The action is a tight shimmy on the lift and a slow wobble on the drop. Great for a faster bait to show the fishys but then you still can fish them slow with super long pause. Lost count on how many pick them up off the bottom while lighting up a ciggie!

Hodgey

I just go with darks in low light (black with orange dots or bluegill) to any of the others once the suns up. Golds are always the go to colour for me. So far near every brand has worked but mainly have fished the Eco's as they have been in stock in stores.

With the Parra fishing so good at the moment it would be a clouded ansawer on what works best. Everything get's bitten at the moment!

Not the most economical way to fish as we tend to go threw them. We have been fishing them on a little heavier leader than normal as the smokings are starting to wear thin when you can go threw $200 worth in a session and that's without donating any to structure! We started just fishing our usual 3-5lb leaders but now tie in the 5-7lb range.

Adam.

Mate it must be 5 years now since we fished together. You took my virginity you animal! You were my first ever non boater lol.

Moved up from that good old Hornet 435 tiller! Now running a 2007 Skeeter ZX200 with a 225 Evinrude HO on the back. There has been a Nitro and another Skeeter inbetween to. SPeed difference? About 40 extra mile and hour hehehe. PM me your mobile as my usual fishing partner is now a little pussy whipped!

Thanks Robee, it was every bit of 3kg's if not more. Definately the biggest silver I have caught in the harbour. One of the tailor I got would have been 2kgs, just goes to show how much baits in the river at the moment.

So there you go fella's, Blades, just another tool in the box to tie on when other lures aren't getting bit. Just remember it's now in the cooler months and the fish will now hang a little deeper so these could be the key to your winter breaming.

Good stuff Greg

Are you using any scent on the vibes?

I know what you mean by losing them to fish I need to get some more only got one left

I think tomorrow I may try the old R2S vib and see what happens

I watched two bream in shallow clear water trying to pick my vib off a snag a while back

Edited by The Iceman

Hey Ice!

Long time no chat!!

I have used scents on them, everything from the good old mega strike to squid sprays but when your averaging 40-100 fish days of late it's hard to say if it makes any difference or not......

The good old R2S vibs, great for the shallower areas and flats, my prob with them is you can't throw them in mega structure as they explode on impact against pillons!!

I have been getting the Eco's at almost the same price as the R2S and fish rate seems to be better but we are fishing deeper than we use to and places we have never thought held bream in numbers before.

Best rate so far is 7 fish in 7 cast's off 1 pole with none under 30cm!

Now that's breaming at it's best but sshhhh just don't tell anyone! :tease:

Now watch JORGAY crack it when he see's this post! :biggrin2:

Stop looking on the net and start working you lazy butt before I tell em all where you fish! hehehe

Greg

Yeah Greg I suppose when you are getting that many bream scents arent going to make a difference

Keep Jorg at work and dont let him go fishing :074:

Fishing botany tomorrow know some deep dropoffs that might hold some bream :biggrin2:

Greg,

I have PM'd you.

it sure has been a while. did think it was that long but

didnt we brain it on the flatties that day considering it was a bream comp. Anyway looking forward to catching up.

mate, thats a beast you got, not a boat. do you have something else for outside or do you make do with that

cheers

Adam

PS, I hear Jorg was working for you. Must be a real shame.....

Hi Greg i see you had a fantastic session on friday matey its good

to see you bag in another good flick fest as always top shelf :thumbup:

its good to see those blade lures work such a treat for you it must the

new craze in the lure division i can't wait to give em a bash for next time

and i wish i was there among the action you seem to brain em every sesh

great report dude :biggrin2:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2:

Greg,

Is that a new type of soft lift open weave net under your breambo?

Hi Poddy

It's a brand called Fastnet.

Good net but heavy. Ok for people that know how to net, (net still and swim fish into net) but people that catch butterflies instead of fish will find it heavy. Bit short in the handle department when fishing solo as I fish long rods and I have short arms but for lures getting stuck in the net, well thats a thing of the past! Perfect for trebble fitted lures.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee

How did your move go, all settled in now?

Yeah the breamin is sensational at the moment but the last few weeks the tunas have kept me off the river. Sh1t the tunas are starting to make me do crazy things like get the Skeeter ready for sale!

Now I just have to make up my mind on what sort of boat to buy next!

Greg

Well done, Greg! Great shots of the fish! :) I got a couple of small blades the other day & hope to try them out soon ...... hope they don't go where my chubby went during the Forster Carnival ..... to Davey Jone's Locker via a bream's mouth & sharp oyster leases !!! :(

I've kept your info on fishing them & hope to emulate some of your success soon!!! I'd be happy with a 30cm ..... a 40cm may be in my dreams!

Cheerio

Roberta

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lee

How did your move go, all settled in now?

Yeah the breamin is sensational at the moment but the last few weeks the tunas have kept me off the river. Sh1t the tunas are starting to make me do crazy things like get the Skeeter ready for sale!

Now I just have to make up my mind on what sort of boat to buy next!

Greg

Yeah mate the move went well and we have settled in pretty well and loving the life style change up here.

The bream up here are no where near the saize of what they were back home and after 7 months I have not caught a 1kg fish :1badmood: but thats qld summer breaming for you. Plus i have been spending more time chasing other species like XOS bass and snapper. Plus i also managed a 15-16kg threadfin salmon.

Yeah I have seen the tuna thats down there and I am trying to convince myself that I need to come back to Sydney for a few days to go out chasing fin.

Don't sell the skeeter just secretly buy another boat and put it in storage ha ha ha ha

And you know what boat ot buy next. the one that lets you target big big fish in the blue water :1prop:

Cheers

Lee