Port Stephens , Broughton

Ray R

G'Day Raiders, I was invited by a mate of mine to go hunt snapper using only SP's, up around the Broughton Island area, so naturally I jumped at this opportunity and we had a great day there. There was 3 of us and there was a bit of wind and a lttle swell. We firstly found some big tailor we had some fun with these before moving to the northern side of Broughton. I had never caught a snapper on SP's before but when I finally hooked up on one and he was landed you could have heard me hooting for miles, it was only a small fella (43cms) but on my little Stradic 2500 coupled with a Berkly Pro Tactic it was unreal. Troy scored one (51cms) on simmilar gear and he was over the moon it did not want to come in but Troy eventually won the battle. We end up with 5 nice fish I got 2 more smaller models around the 35cm mark and the skipper Hamish landed a nice one as well. It was a great day and I was so pleased to pop my cherry with a few nice little Reddies.

post-3371-1211672421_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1211672460_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1211672493_thumb.jpg

post-3371-1211672516_thumb.jpg

Well done on the snapper RayR. :thumbup: They are the one of best eating fish !!

Ray you wouldn't happen to know the make, the dimensions and the capacity of the ice box would you? I need to get hold of a narrow rectangular one like that instead of the square type.

Nice looking boat !! How did it go?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Jewgaffer , the boat is a Trailcraft 5.5m centre steer and it was beaut out there , the ice box , I will get some details from the guy who owns it and post it up...

Wow awesome take of snappers.

Question: What size ice box is that? I havn't been too sure what size to get, mayb 90l?

:1prop:

I will find out details about the esky and put a post up when I get the info...

Hi Copafisher

Thanks for the link to a whole range of long and narrow ice boxes. Help and advice from members like yourself makes Fishraider so much better than all the others put together.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

great fish Ray, well done.

Can you tell me where you launched from please? We were up there for 3 days a couple weeks ago and left from Nelsons bay on a big moored boat. I was looking to get out there in my 5m but was just wondering what the closest ramp was.

Cheers

Dan

great fish Ray, well done.

Can you tell me where you launched from please? We were up there for 3 days a couple weeks ago and left from Nelsons bay on a big moored boat. I was looking to get out there in my 5m but was just wondering what the closest ramp was.

Cheers

Dan

Hi Kiwi Dan, we launched from a boat ramp at Halifax Caravan Park, which I think is at Little Beach , from there it's a quick trip to the heads..