How Do I Id This Boat

Dreamtime

Hi Raiders,

I went to look at a boat that was for sale today.

Fibreglass, 7.4 mtr set up with 2 swivel chairs and a small v-berth cabin.

There is no manufacturers name on the hull, only these numbers (CROA11REG293) moulded into the transom

Did not take the camera but will take tomorrow.

Also it has a 225hp Mariner 3 litre OBM but I couln't find an ID plate or serial number on the exterior of the engine either. (Did not take off the cowling today)

Any ideas how to ID the Brand of boat and year of engine.

Thanks

Hi Carl, I can not help on the hull number-does not make sense to me-post pictures as you said. The Mariner should have a little disc stamped into the block at the top of the powerhead on the port side. This will give you a serial number and from that we can determine the age of the outboard.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Carl, I can not help on the hull number-does not make sense to me-post pictures as you said. The Mariner should have a little disc stamped into the block at the top of the powerhead on the port side. This will give you a serial number and from that we can determine the age of the outboard.

Cheers,

Huey.

G'day Huey,

I weakened and bought the boat yesterday. :yahoo:

What I thought was a faded boat name from a previous owner, turns out to be the brand of the boat. :1prop:

Robalo, have since posted the serial no on their forum (www.robaloboatowners.com/) to find out exact details and specs. Not yet removed the cowling to check serial no of OBM to get the year of manufacture.

Here's a few pics

Sorry for quality of pics

Hi Carl, from the picture the Mariner is late 1990's to early 2000's. They ran that decal pattern on the Mariners from about 98 thru to about 2002. Very strong engines and I would make sure you put a water pump kit thru it, check the thermostats, run the correct BPZ8H-N-10 plugs (they are not cheap, but are right) and most importantly with an engine of that HP and Torque run good oil and I would run XD-100 if it was on the back of my boat. I am guessing it is the Carby version and not the EFI?

Any luck with the serial plug in the block?

Looks a good mate and I am sure where you are you will get alot of use out of her.

Cheers,

Huey.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine