Tuna Gear

Roffo

Hi Raiders,

Reading these YFT reports is firing me right up.

Will my baitrunner 6500 with 30lb braid and a 10-15kg 7 foot rod handle these fish ???????????

What weight trace is everyone user on these things ??

Cheers

Roffo

It will handle them if they arent too big ,but its not the perfect reel for Big hard running fish IMO.

Cheers Stewy

Respool it with 80lb braid.

Upgrade the rod to a jig rod so you can put some hurt on the fish fighting straight up and down and tighten the drag knob as far as it will go.

If you don't give them any line you don't have to wind it back in. ;)

Landed my last fish of the day doing this and had it in the boat within 6 mins. It would have pushed 50kgs.

If all the tackle or you don't break it only leaves the fish left! hehehehe

To do it a safer way your better off investing in a overhead outfit.

Braid and cubing don't mix!

You don't want to be touching braid with your hands and a fin eats your bait at speed! :wacko:

A TLD50 on a backbone rod loaded with 24kg line will get you out of most gamefishing situations here in SYdney plus it won't break the bank compared to a real threadline outfit that is truely capable of the job. They use these type of outfits on the charter boat I went on the other day.

You'd most probably get 3 overhead combos for the price of one Stella or Saltiga outfit.

Greg

Thanks for the heads up gang,

BTW nice fin Greg ya lucker bugger.

I do really want to fish 15kg so I guess more than 300 yards is required.

Looking at the fin I'm thinking the baitrunner will end up triing to get thru the guides after the saddle snaps.

BTW woundn't ya fit more braid on than mono ?????

Cheers

Roffo

Edited by Roffo

How would a shimano spheros 12000fa matched with a shimano bestmaster 10-15kg go?

Mike

Browney 1

i can tell that you are itching to get out there and into them this weekend

the short answer to your question and roffo's is sure...they will both handle the fish

just how many pieces of the rod you want to go back home with and how sore you want your back to be

will be up to yourself's

Good qaulity game outfits are the normal preferred option of choice and simply going down in line class

to up the ante is the norm when a more sporting option is sought after which i'm sure you all ready know.....

but saying that if your not well endowed with all the game gear then sure throw whatever your best able

to muster up with in reason off cause and i cant see why the 1200fa and the beastmaster would'nt do the job

it goes with out saying off course.... that obviously some outfits are going to adaquently handle the job a lot better than others and

you will find in most cases it will tend to put more hurt on the angler than what's being put on the fish so

whilst there are plenty of fish out there at the moment eager in being caught and you dont get to experiance it all to often then go out and join in all the action and have a ball with whatever you can muster up....

but when it turns back around again to when the fish are not as accommodating resulting in maybe one

chance for the day........then the very best of what is designed for the job would be the way to go...

Cheers Warnie...

Hi There,

I am going to get my self either a Tiagra 50W or a Daiwa Sealine Tournament 50W SLT to be used for everything from cubing and trolling for Tuna right through to Marlin.

out of the above 2 mentioned reel's, who would get a Tiagra 50W? and who would get the Daiwa 50W?

which one would have the most line capacity out of the 2?

Thanks.