Live Bait

nick 10

Hey

I was just wondering if any one knows were to get slimys in botany bay. :thumbup:

mate i was working on my boat today at BAFA and one of the boys came in with an esky full!

he said they where out from the light house in about 45m of water

Moulinoux point is a good spot...burly is the key.

And where the rocks meet the sand in yarra bay is a top spot aswell.

Chook pellets, tuna oil, bread old fish frames, rice, vegies all mixed together should bring them around.

n0 7 longshank hook or a 6 hook pre-made jig with squid on each hook

(squid lasts ages with the pickers and rigging 6 hooks with other baits is time consusming)

Thats what we did anyway and it worked magic.

Good luck

cheers james

Hey

I was just wondering if any one knows were to get slimys in botany bay. :thumbup:

I get mine from yarra bay along the rock wall. berley is a must. i first start the burley trail (pilly with tuna oil) and use a small piece of pilly as my first bait. once i have a few slimeys i fillet a slimey and use that as bait. i find that to be good as the bait will hold for longer and once they chew the flesh off. the skin will even catch them.

Edited by justinjon

Hi Nic Nac, Heard you out there yesterday............ we collect bait in bait bay nth of the hacking! We have used slimies and yakkies over the last few trips combined with cubes. Worth the trip down IF you are struggling in Botany. ALWAYS consistent here! Use the smaller ones though.

Last night we got a 55kg on smaller yakka.

The big ones are not hooking up (dropped four using different techniques). We also got a 70kg fin at 6pm last night on a whole pillie whilst fighting the 55lg. Regards, reelmagic :1fishing1: