Fishing Pranks

Dreamtime

While reading Stewey's post on "Cotton wool and after shave" it brought back memories of a prank I played on my mate on an overnight fishing trip some years ago.

Me and a couple of team mates from our local soccer club (Revesby Rovers) went for a spot of fishing under the Como rail bridge in my 18' 1/2 cabin.

Was middle of winter and real brass monkey temperature. One of the mates was smart enough to bring his ski gloves to keep the chill out. As the temperature rose in the late morning we could all remove our overcoats and the gloves were removed also.

Well, what an invitation, a couple of pillies slipped neetly into the fingers of the gloves, and then the gloves carefully placed back in his bag whilst he was not looking.

I totally forgot about this for the rest of the day, and for in fact until several weeks later.

My mate turned up at soccer training after a weekend at the snow, you guessed it, whilst skiing, he put his hands into the gloves and by this time they were infested with maggots.

Well, it took a while for him to forgive me but we still managed a laugh, a bloody good belly laugh for me! :074::074:

What sort of prank have you pulled on your fishing mates?

For the first newer crew members on strike to sleep we used to put a 10litre stainless bucket on the end of the line let out around 400 metres of line and hit the ratchet and stand back, keep the boat in gear and sit back quietly laughing.

geoff

For the first newer crew members on strike to sleep we used to put a 10litre stainless bucket on the end of the line let out around 400 metres of line and hit the ratchet and stand back, keep the boat in gear and sit back quietly laughing.

geoff

Hahah that is the exact same story i was going to tell, he fell asleep and put the ratchet on after letting a stainless steel bucket sink about 400m, haha we filmed the whole thing

jack