Georges River?

Smitty

Hi everyone,

I'm goin crazy, I need a fishing hit!!! :1prop::wacko:

Has anybody seen the georges river in the last couple of days, if so whats the water colour / turbidity like in the middle reaches (around Lagarno area)? I'm sure its a bit off colour with all the rain we've had but I'm hoping the big tides have help bring some clean water in.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris...

Hi everyone,

I'm goin crazy, I need a fishing hit!!! :1prop::wacko:

Has anybody seen the georges river in the last couple of days, if so whats the water colour / turbidity like in the middle reaches (around Lagarno area)? I'm sure its a bit off colour with all the rain we've had but I'm hoping the big tides have help bring some clean water in.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris...

The Cooks looks ok at the Airport Chris ,but the water in the river is brown when I drove over the bridges.

Cheers Stewy

Hi Smitty

As regards upriver at the moment Chris, by the look of Lugarno, if you stick to the deeper water you could get amongst some of the large spawning size bream which have arrived, and more than likely the so far missing autumn school size jew as has been said, might have arrived in that area going on some school size jewfish catches around the moons lately. The 40cm plus whiting schools that used to come up river in winter would have a better chance of leaving the flats and going upriver now that the whiting netters have gone out of the Bay. Large whiting used to come in upriver in good numbers in the winter then later on the smaller spring whiting used to come in to the Bay and go right up to Chipping Norton. Sand whiting are not as well suited to dirty conditions and contaminated silt, but Lugarno down to Alfords Bridge looks ok and quite fishy looking at the moment and they have been getting good size fish there during and after after this last lot of rain.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks fellas, I'll give it a go and see what I can turn up, Stay posted!

You're right Musty, any day on the water is a good day anyway!!!!

Have a good one all.

Cheers,

Chris...