Omh Blackie Report

kingiemaster

Howdy Raiders

Only fishing I've been doing lately is off reliable Old Mans Hat (OMH) for blackies.

Have been going for past 4-5 weekends and going home with a feed each time. Fish have been small averaging 30 or less cm but on Monday the fish were all over 30 cm the biggest going a fat 36cm.

Unfortunately the drummer either aren't around or not eating weed. I have only had two or three bust offs from drummer the past 6-8 weeks compared with one after the other earlier in the year. The cockies on the other hand seem to be taking a liking for the weed. Caught two on Monday.

Anyway if you haven't tried fishing for blackfish now would be good time pack away summer gear and give wacky weed fishing for blackies ago.

Dave

PS Having had a good read of the "best ever Blackfishing tips" I recently started using a new rig with a running float above, single split shot, a running bal sinker and a swivel tied to fluro carbon trace and then the hook. Has been working really well. I have always use a fixed float rig, using floats made by a Northern Beaches local, straight through to the hook with split shots for weight. But I can’t get the floats any more so I started using traditional floats on a running rig. Doesn't have quite the same direct feel as a fixed float but I have less tangles when casting and the fluro carbon seems to do the trick when the conditions are calm.

And they all come out of the closet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :bump0ee::bump0ee:

Well done they are great standby when mostother species shut down but really are not just a winter fish acommon misconception Dad has been gettingthem 365 days a year in the harbour as far up as Putney!

Enjoy

Royce

G'day Dave

Time to get all those non blackie & drummer fishos jealous!! :) :)

Glad you are enjoying the Blackie Tips!! Don't forget to take some cabbage & bread out with you for the drummer - that should also get rid of the cockies as well (they prefer weed to cabbage as do the black trevally!) Often the sea run blackies & drummer will take cabbage in preference to weed. The resident Harbour blackies often prefer the weed. Take both to be on the safe side!

Well done

Roberta