All Year Trout Waters

Jamiel1000

Now the season is closed where can I go for some more river fishing around central tablelands.

I know the Wollondilly is open but I think some areas of the Kowmung is open but it's not clear where abouts along with parts of the cox's, the 6 foot track may be above my health level.

can anyone help out here.

cheers

I know what u mean about the 6 foot track, I walked it years ago, bloody long way, took 3 days, I hear you got a kayak, well have to head out some time and fish some of the thin blue lines around the place, cheers Justin.

• 3 weeks later...

Careful with the Wollondilly, it isn't actually open and is listed as a closed water.

Here is a list of all the Notified Trout Waters:

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/closur...rout-and-salmon

Anything not on those lists are fair game :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy

I think you can fish around goodman's ford.

Also the Kowmung is fine below the falls (bit of a hike though)

How far down from the Kowmung fire trail crossing is it?

Or is there another way in?

you can't fish the firetrail area because it's above the falls/junction with morong. You have to hike down from near jenolean caves (I'm sure there's other ways, like the road to yerranderie). I'll PM you with more info.

I know what u mean about the 6 foot track, I walked it years ago, bloody long way, took 3 days, I hear you got a kayak, well have to head out some time and fish some of the thin blue lines around the place, cheers Justin.

lol i know wat u 2 mean i did it 4 duke of ed with skool early this year!!. but we added and xtra 10 ks on to it by walking back into katoomba after the explorers tree and doing night walks!

you can't fish the firetrail area because it's above the falls/junction with morong. You have to hike down from near jenolean caves (I'm sure there's other ways, like the road to yerranderie). I'll PM you with more info.

Thanks Covanova.

are the falls a long way down from the crossing

I have just ordered some topo maps to look into it further

cheers

Thanks Covanova.

are the falls a long way down from the crossing

I have just ordered some topo maps to look into it further

cheers

from memory yes, but the worst part is the descent, the river drops a long way, I don't think it's all that passable from up high.

from memory yes, but the worst part is the descent, the river drops a long way, I don't think it's all that passable from up high.

On the map it shows a Morong Falls fire trail that leads off Kanagra Walls road, this trail heads down towards the river.

Has anyone been down this fire trail?

Looks like a 350 meter walk from the end of the fire trail.

cheers