Apparantly A Big Swordfish Hooked, Anyone Know Anything?

Scon

Hi Raiders,

This was recently and a mate of mine told me that he heard off a big Broadbill Swordfish was hooked on an electric reel which from what i know was a Daiwa Tanacom Bull 1000.

from memory my mate told me it was at bermi or Narooma and i can not exactly remember when it was however i do know that it was with in the last 3 weeks

I am not sure and i am not saying that it is or is not true, just wondering if anyone know's about it or has heard about it at all

Hi Raiders,

This was recently and a mate of mine told me that he heard off a big Broadbill Swordfish was hooked on an electric reel which from what i know was a Daiwa Tanacom Bull 1000.

from memory my mate told me it was at bermi or Narooma and i can not exactly remember when it was however i do know that it was with in the last 3 weeks

I am not sure and i am not saying that it is or is not true, just wondering if anyone know's about it or has heard about it at all

Hi Scon...

at the recent bermi tournie a well known charter boat hooked up to what was then an unknown?????

all manner of suggestion's were made on what could be on the end with a suggestion that it could even be a

broadie in the end after a four and a half hour odd fight on the electric reel quite a sizeable Thresher shark

was captured.of which the weight elludes me.....apperantly it was hooked through the dorsal fin which would

explain the hard yardage experianced........could this of been what your mate is referring to?????

Cheers Warnie....

That is serious useing a thresher as a livebait. How the hell did that hook up happen?? Thresher with a fetish for body jewelery and a piercing??

Yes Pel and you should of seen the one that got away.....lol...

No back to being serious.....

apperantly bottom bashing the bottom for blue eye with that being the end result

maybe hooked itself as it was taking a fish off the hook......of impaled itself

as it battered a fish with it's tail........either way im only guessing but they were bottom bashing...

Warnie...

Hi Scon...

at the recent bermi tournie a well known charter boat hooked up to what was then an unknown?????

all manner of suggestion's were made on what could be on the end with a suggestion that it could even be a

broadie in the end after a four and a half hour odd fight on the electric reel quite a sizeable Thresher shark

was captured.of which the weight elludes me.....apperantly it was hooked through the dorsal fin which would

explain the hard yardage experianced........could this of been what your mate is referring to?????

Cheers Warnie....

ah i understand it may be or could be yes.

Edited by Scon