Landbased Live Bait Spots In Middle Harbour

cpanag

Hey all,

Which spots would any of you recommend for catching yakkas and maybe squid around Middle Harbour (land-based)? I'm heading up for a fish that way tomorrow afternoon and it'd be good if I could catch some bait in that area rather than the spots I'd normally go to (which are out of the way).

Thanks

You could try for squid off the rocks at Wy-Ar-Gine point at Balmoral or off the island there as well.

Or you could try off Cobblers beach which is a little bit further downstream, just past the navy waters.

Cheers

Josh

Try the pontoon at the boat ramp under Roseville bridge. Its a little further upstream than the other suggestions however. I went there last night, berleyed a bit with a mix of pilchards and bread and they were soon in abundance.

I managed to catch about 25 in half an hour using a sabiki rig.

After this I moved upstream a bit for the low tide in the hope of a jew. Unfortunately the Jews were not as forthcoming as the yakkas. :mad3:

Cheers,

Graham :beersmile:

Thanks for the advice all. Graham, I did try the pontoon next to the Roseville ramp and caught myself a couple of yakkas and a few small other fish of which I have no idea what they were (sort of a cross between silver biddies and mullet).

I fished the picnic area upstream from Roseville Bridge, and a bit further upstream, without too much luck. Just one decent bream and a couple of barely legal ones which all went back to fight another day.

Cheers