Bream And Flathead

ElwoodBlues

Was sitting watching tv on saturday night and decided to go for a fish around hunters hill

I arrived at about 10pm and started getting bite pretty quick mostly from little whitting.

Then at around midnight I got a hit in a big way and line was streaming off the reel. The line started to run toward the jetty pylons so I start moving down the jetty and try to bring the line off the pylon before it snaps and I loose the fish.

I stand on the railing leaning over to get some leverage on the fish and keep reeling finally it surfaces a Big bream I lead him back down the jetty and got the net to get him on the deck. I measured him up and he went 43cm to the tip of the tail. That is a new PB for me.

He was caught on a prawn on a size 4 longshank

After about another 20 minutes I was flicking a soft plastic squid around and hooked onto a 43cm flathead

So all in all a very pleasing night for me

post-4343-1214408390_thumb.jpg

Nice bream mate.

The Cove has been fishing pretty slow over the last few months and hasn't been producing the tournement winning bags it's renowned for. We have only been getting small fish threw the moorings of late. Good to see there are a few large ones up there still to be had. Definately one of the nicer waterways to fish in on the Harbour in.

Greg

Great catch mate & thanks for sending those pic's to my phone, just to rub it in a little more :1badmood: Haha

Cyu on Saturday!

I did invite you but you were taking care of your sick miss's so not my fault hahaha but yes I will see you on saturday

Real good bream mate, 43cm is also my pb. A lot seem to be 43cm mark don't they?

also want to remind everyone that bream this size are 30+ years old.

Your making me feel guilty about eating a 30+ year old fish but still 1 of my favourite captures

Definately one of the nicer waterways to fish in on the Harbour in.

Greg

I would have to agree with you its such a peaceful place

Great catch . Big fish , not only 43cm but looks like it needs a vist to Jenny Craig. That is one fat fish.

Yeah it was very meaty fish. Hope I can get more that fat

Does the fish GLOW by any chance???? Rumours have it theres a possible nuclear radioactivity dumped near there

Id be careful eating the fish there champ! but a nice fish nevertheless :1fishing1:

Cheers sparky77 :biggrin2:

No it doesnt glow

But on a totally different note after I ate it I now have the power to see in the dark and there is a strange light that has been coming off me

Fantastic bream there Mr Elwoodblues, you can't catch fish from home! Great to see in the dark with all the night fishing you've been doing!! As for the light coming from you........

when are you coming night fishing with me again

Hey mate,

If you are now glowing, I am going sit you on the bow of the boat instead of using the spotty at night! Let me know when you get Xray vision.

Jas

Oh I wish I had X-ray vision