High End Jigging Braid - Opinions

Sammy0884

Hi Lads,

I picked up a new Shimano Saragosa 18000 and need to spool it with some braid.

I would like a top of the line 50lb braid, multi coloured, or at least with depth markers. I'd also like to come in 600m spools.

i had YGK jigman in mind, i have also had "Varivas" suggested. I usually use FINS but would like something a little 'new tech'... suggestions please.

cheers

Sammy,

I have boath. Jigman YGK in 80lb and also Varivas "Big One" Jigging braid in 80lb. The jigman is a little thicker but I perfer it.

just personal opinion. i HAVENT PUT ANY SCIENCE TO IT THOUGH. I have found it hard to break 80lb braid safely!!!

Hey,

Ill second the jigman. Tough as nails, strong as all buggery and the colours last really well. Had mine for about a year and the colours are as bright as the day I bought it.

Evets

Sammy,

just asked my mate for you who come back from New Caledonia, time of his life, straightened 11/0 Owners and STC trebles on 130lb braid, he recommends these lines. Says they are top notch.

-Deep1 made by Sunline.

-PE Jigger Braid. IGFA rated.

Kamil

Has anyone had any crap ones in high breaking strains?

I have only ever used a few brands in the larger breaking strains and never had a problem with any of them. Just wondering as you only really hear about the thin stuff.

G

Only problem with fishing these days with coloured braid is that the leatherjackets seem to like eating your braid , especially when jigging deep water . If you stick to the dark colours black or dark green there is no problem with them. There is no point in spending good money on braid so as the leatherjackets can eat it .

Wish they would go away.....

Cheers Dogtooth :beersmile::beersmile: John. :1fishing1:

I had some YGK Jigman last year and wadsnt too impressed with it, i took the whole spool off and replaced it with Varivas and have never looked back, awesome line

Hey Netic

What was the problem with it?

We all say we had "problems" with "X" brand braid but no one seems to say what is the problem....

I know in the light stuff I use to have problems with Fireline but ended up being a Stella line lay issue as when I changed to Exisits the problem stopped. I also use to have problems with it breaking at the knot, I changed from albrights to uni's and now I don't have knot slips. I recon I just couldn't tie an albright well enough.

It would be I think more constructive if we do make a comment on a product we should give some specifics, It's a bit more fair to the manufacturer and it might be a case of user issues than product as in the case of my fireline issues.

This isn't a bashing and sorry Netic for using urs as the example but I just think it would make a more constructive forum.

Regards

Greg

is there anything jackets won't eat?

does ygk come in spools bigger than 300m?

Yes YGK also comes in spools of 600m

Hey Netic

What was the problem with it?

We all say we had "problems" with "X" brand braid but no one seems to say what is the problem....

I know in the light stuff I use to have problems with Fireline but ended up being a Stella line lay issue as when I changed to Exisits the problem stopped. I also use to have problems with it breaking at the knot, I changed from albrights to uni's and now I don't have knot slips. I recon I just couldn't tie an albright well enough.

It would be I think more constructive if we do make a comment on a product we should give some specifics, It's a bit more fair to the manufacturer and it might be a case of user issues than product as in the case of my fireline issues.

This isn't a bashing and sorry Netic for using urs as the example but I just think it would make a more constructive forum.

Regards

Greg

Mate i gave a good explanation a while bacl in this thread, i didnt wanna bore anyone with it again

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...c=23895&hl=

I agree with Gregl that you should give the story in full about a product that you might have found faulty. Netic as a matter of fact I did remember reading that post and was looking for it about 2 weeks ago and I just could not find it. Perhaps in future when you are writing about a product and you have mentioned it in a previous post, you should at least put down the url so it can be checked out if someone has missed such a post. I Found the post more interesting this time as I was seeking such info as I have never used braid and I was playing with the idea of spooling an outfit with the product.

Cheers