Weekend Flick

soft-on

Yesterday was a awesome day to be out on the water.

I shot down the coast to the Van at Huskission and took out the little row boat tinny. I caught the tide up river whilst flicking on the way.

I was throwing N.W Pencils at snags and prongs at flatties. The river provided allot of protection so there was no breeze at all and the water was still enough for a popper to be heard ages away. I didn't bother fishing the flats because there was no breeze and the cold clear water down there didn't help a sneaky fisherman either.

The pencil produced the goods first with me coming up tight on a few salmon trout, although juvenile they provided a bit of fun and were easy to find. They are as much fun as choppers but are better to de-hook than that mouth with a fish called a tailor!

The prong produced some average lizards but nothing over the 35cm mark. The river system in Currumbene creek is healthy and this was my second home as a kid, where i gathered allot of my skills. Its a beautiful river system and in the warmer months produces some great bass in the upper fresh reaches.

I got home last night from the coast and just needed one more flick, so i picked up Ben and we set of for a Bream fish

after checking knots and leaders were perfect we flicked around some walls and old sunken jetty's. After about half an hour we both landed a fish each.

That one moment when the line goes taunt and the fish takes off like a drag car is just awesome, you know its a bream.

Cam

post-6143-1214792999_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1214793011_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1214793023_thumb.jpg

post-6143-1214793035_thumb.jpg

Edited by soft-on

Nice work Cam

catching anything on surface lures in winter is a pretty good effort IMO :biggrin2:

just donuts for me at the moment :thumbdown:

cheers

kael

Kael, make sure you don't stock up on the donuts too much it would be a shame to keep stopping to wait for you when it comes bass time again :074::074: