Whats New?

GregL

Hi Raiders

Since it's so cold and my fishing motivation has sunk to very low, what way to cheer your self up and go shopping on the net for what new!

Always on the hunt for a better line, I found this Daiwa line but have never heard of it. Good thing about it, it comes in 4x120m spools(about $200), great for filling top to bottom as most spools of line are 150 or 300m. Even a 300m spool sometimes needs backing but then perfect for top shotting your reels as you have a predetermine lenght of backing so you know your spool will be at the right level everytime you respool by adding 1x120m spool.

It's ment to be a "slender" braid for longer casts.

Lightest I found was 9lb and goes to 18lb great for tho's 3000 size reels. If this stuff casts better than their Sensor braid it's going to be crazy casting slices on one of the Branzino rods!

(I out cast guys with beach rods even with my 8fter!)

post-3563-1215758952_thumb.jpg

So anyone else find any new funky stuff out there that they are willing to share?

Greg

I've been surfing online stores recently as well. I saw that line, looks like pretty good stuff.

I also found this post-6719-1215766446_thumb.jpg The Shimano Sephia

I'm not entirely sure about its relation to the fireblood whether its totally different or same thing with another name. Anyone else got more info on it......I'm thinking i may get one

I've been surfing online stores recently as well. I saw that line, looks like pretty good stuff.

I'm not entirely sure about its relation to the fireblood whether its totally different or same thing with another name. Anyone else got more info on it......I'm thinking i may get one

Hey Josh,

Looking at the spool it looks like it might be a Shimano version of the Daiwa Infeet... obviously doesn't hold a lot of line like the Daiwa so perhaps it also has the micro adjustable drag for use with ultralight line?? Looks great though.

Cheers, Slinky

Here are the specs on the them.

Model : Gear Ratio : Weight (g) : Max Drag (kg) : Line/Handle Turn(cm) : Line Capacity (PE Only) : Bearing

2500S 5.2 210 6.0 73 #0.6-190m 8

#0.8-150m

#1.0-150m

2500SDH 5.2 220 6.0 73 #0.6-190m 10

#0.8-150m

#1.0-150m

Here are some features listed:

a) Thin thickness lightweight aluminum cold forging (Cooling forge ) machine cut spool

b ) Direct Screw Handle Lightweight aluminum/magnesium machine cut

c) SR-3D gear

d) All A-RB

e) SR-one-piece beil

Best price i have found for them is $330 in a JAP tackle store.

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

those sephias and soare30 look nice. same twinpower body but internally don't know the difference. all priced evenly though

not much new reels/rods from daiwa or shimano. i check the jap site everyday at work

although daiwa has a new hot looking tournament casting reel. approx. $1000aud rrp

http://fishing.daiwa21.com/index.asp?ItemID=4117

looks good just as a trophy reel

Nice find Icey!

They look great, any details on them?

Josh

the Daiwa 50th special edition "Exist" was a special order. Orders had to be in by 31st March. The production run was of orders with deposit only. Stock will be delivered in August......

One month to go!!! Can't wait to see it......

Scott

That casting reels freaky! What a long cast spool, looks like the Saltiga Surf spools.

Are they tournement casting only or can you fish with them to?

Nice winddow shopping guys, any more?

Greg

Scott

That casting reels freaky! What a long cast spool, looks like the Saltiga Surf spools.

Are they tournement casting only or can you fish with them to?

Built on the Zaion body (same as Luvias). Thats why its only 360gm!

Tournament casting only. They don't have a drag system. You could probably use it for fishing but you'll have to use those really long flexible rods that the japs use for iso fishing.

This topic has been edited by myself as there have been posts breaching the Site Rules and the member who did this is now on moderated posts.

Regards Swordfisherman

I just picked up the Sephia BB Shallow Spool model for my :wife: .

It has all the line management goodies and is braid friendly. It is not the quality of the Fireblood (which is a Sephia in Japan) but still boasts 5 bearings, ARC Spool and Aerowrap oscillation etc etc...

Here is a pic.

No doubt about it Ceph... you're the king Tackle Rat on Raider. If you ever feel like it I'd love to see a photo posted of all your reel bling. Just give me time to grab my sunnies before I open it. :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

I second that! :1worthy:

Very bloody strange.. bet it works a treat!! :1prop:

I second that! :1worthy:

This is coming from the man who uses a Loomis Float Rod and Daiwa Exist for chasing Blackfish!!! :1prop:

Not to mention the $3,000 worth of lures he buys each year which then get chewed to pieces by rougue Dog Tooth tuna!! :1prop:

Come on Greg.. admit it. You are the Champion of all Tackle Rats!! :biggrin2:

Edited by Cephalopod

Very bloody strange.. bet it works a treat!! :1prop:

This is coming from the man who uses a Loomis Float Rod and Daiwa Exist for chasing Blackfish!!! :1prop:

Not to mention the $3,000 worth of lures he buys each year which then get chewed to pieces by rougue Dog Tooth tuna!! :1prop:

Come on Greg.. admit it. You are the Champion of all Tackle Rats!! :biggrin2:

But I sell stuff to buy new stuff!

I only have 27 outfits at home now and 13 of them are the same reels with just different rods! (my bream set).

Oh hang on that was stock count before I left home :blush:

6 months without at :wife: to slow me purchases down :yahoo: LOL

G

its hard keeping down the amount of tackle!

you find gear for specific species and then you have couple different line classes for that specie.

quite right.. then the manufacturers go and put out slightly different models and, you must have them all!! :1prop:

quite right.. then the manufacturers go and put out slightly different models and, you must have them all!! :1prop:

Ceph you sound like "The Brain" from Pinky and the Brain. Tho's weird little mice trying for "world domination" mwah hahaha....

post-3563-1216189325_thumb.jpg